YFZ Central banner

Racing Coolant?

3K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  pete1p 
#1 ·
I have an 09 YFZ450R and i a,m trying to make it run as cool as possible while racing. I have put Amsoil in it to help a little ( also cause I'm sponsored by them). What coolant will reduce the temp the most? Maxima, Amsoil, or Engine Ice?

#4 ·
Engine Ice works flawlessly and as advertised for me racing both XC and MX

#9 ·
Evans is top notch, Ive ran GT thunder coolant, Engine ice, Watter Wetter and Evans has been the best so far but opinions vary. This is tested with a ESR temp, CV4 hoses and Fluidyne radiator and a prodesign 2inch inline cooler < Pointless part collects mud, but looks cool on white hoses.

#13 ·
I ran engine ice years ago in my JUNK Polaris. If you do switch to it make sure you flush everything out. I had a experience where it turned into like a gel. Ended up had wash everything out and buy another gallon of it. Not sure what done it....I'm no scientist. But it did seem to help it run cooler.

#16 ·
Engine Ice works perfect for my 06 YFZ450. My buddies run it on their Banshees and have no issues either. It gets pretty hot in South Florida and that's what most bike mechanics recommend. Its pricey, but what isn't for these bikes? $22 is not bad for peace of mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.