YFZ450 (mods in sig)
With 18" rear tires

Raptor 660

White bros exhaust
FMF powerbomb header
Vortex Ignition
GYTR clamp on filter kit, no airbox
20" Holeshots

Raced on pavement- 1/4 mile is my best guess.

I have him 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but at about 4th gear he started to pull.
Every time he got me by about 2 bike lengths..

Hes a big headed kid, and is convinced he is so much faster than me.. lol

If i put 20" backs on, how would this race turn out?

BTW i also destroy him when theres any kinds of turns, berms, jumps, ect...

I rode the 660, and it is a fast quad.. But it handles like piss... In a place i was railing 4th gear sideways with my 450, i was scared to go over 2nd gear in the 660..

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
thats the raptors big advantage, if you go with a taller tire, you risk him pulling you on the low end. if you want a higher tip speed, go with a 20 tire and maybe go up to a 15 front sprocket, but you will loose bottom end.

shorten the distance.

raptors arent a joke, they are strong bikes, and they move, they are just a little slower off the bottom, well... maybe not slower, but much more torque.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You should just be proud that you got him in the low end, where his almost twice the size motor should theoretically overpower yours off the line. But, since they are much heavier they don't. Power isn't everything, weight, turning , and majorly handling make a difference.

Sort of like a banshee, good for straight lines, not much else.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres a few pics:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cut your fenders. He did...
Do you use your clutch when shifting past 2nd? if you do then just quick shift it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
that 660 is ugly

maybe its just the headlights

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I'd rather ride a lawn mower than that Raptor.... Ugly front plastic cut if you ask me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol yes, it is a peice. haha

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
tell him to adjust his suspension! that thing should not be sitting that damn high, its a good foot above yours lol, there should only be a few inches difference.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Tanks haha.

·
Registered
556 Posts
put your 20's on there. A piped yfz will pull 5th gear with 20's to the rev limiter. I guarrentee you will beat him the whole way with 20's. And if you race on dirt that raptor will get its ass absolutely handed to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts