YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to run race gas in my yfz and i wanted to know which kind is most highly used. Price wont be an issue on gas and i most likely wont be running a 50/50 mix, i would be running STR8 race gas. I used to run SUNOCO 110 in my old 416 and it ran awesome. But i have heard a lot of rave about VP gas. I live about 300 feet from a local dealer who distributes VP gas and can get me a good deal on gas. I have read on here another post about VP ultimate 4 race gas and it seems to run really well. Also i planned on racing AMA and some ATVA nationals this up and coming year and i want a gas that wont be allowed to be run in those associations. Thanks for all your help. :) :rock :yfz

·
Registered
545 Posts
unless you have the 13:1 piston there is NO point in running race gas. im assuming you still have the stock 11:9.1 compression? personally i run straight 100 octane. i get it at the pump from my local unocal 76 station. no mixing 50/50 or anything just fill up the 5 gallon and im set.

i am still on stock compression but i just dont trust the 91 we get here in cali. as for the gas's you mentioned i have heard of them but have no personal experience. im going with the gyt-r 13:1 piston soon and will continue to run 100.

hope this helps

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Save your money for something else instead of the race gas. 91 is good enough unless you have a high comp piston.

Too much octane can actually rob power

·
Registered
264 Posts
Norcal450 how much is that 100 up there. I pay $5 a gal in so cal. I usually put 2 gal of 100 and 3 gal of 91 in my 5 gal bottle both 76 pump. I also fill my bike before I leave, 1 gal 100 1 1/2gal 91. If I do that it runs just as good as all 100. Try it save a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by Heinriken@Nov 20 2003, 08:32 PM
Norcal450 how much is that 100 up there. I pay $5 a gal in so cal. I usually put 2 gal of 100 and 3 gal of 91 in my 5 gal bottle both 76 pump. I also fill my bike before I leave, 1 gal 100 1 1/2gal 91. If I do that it runs just as good as all 100. Try it save a few bucks.
Where do u find 100....i live in so cal and havent seen any stations selling 100...highest ive seen was 91. Thats why i have to buy the gas from my dealer. But that mes is expensive :disgust

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by Heinriken@Nov 20 2003, 08:32 PM
gettin it here for $4.29 at my local 76 station. ill definetly take your advice and run a 50/50 mix 100/91. i know i dont need 100 but like u i DONT trust cai's 91 :re

·
Registered
865 Posts
i just ran some vp ultimate 4 and its amazing the power that fuel makes.. its 92 motor octane so its not overkill on the octane either.. with just pouring the ultimate 4 in i got right at 3hp. and thats no joke.. i played with the jetting a little and just adding that fuel took .2 off my 1/8th mile time and gave me right at 2mp in my trap speed..i know its hard to believe that this fuel can do that but if you wanna run some race gas, i think this is the only way to go..

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by brad c@Nov 23 2003, 12:34 PM
i just ran some vp ultimate 4 and its amazing the power that fuel makes.. its 92 motor octane so its not overkill on the octane either.. with just pouring the ultimate 4 in i got right at 3hp. and thats no joke.. i played with the jetting a little and just adding that fuel took .2 off my 1/8th mile time and gave me right at 2mp in my trap speed..i know its hard to believe that this fuel can do that but if you wanna run some race gas, i think this is the only way to go..
You put it on a dyno before the fuel and then drained the tank and immediatly put it back on with the ultimate in it?

Cause if you done it on different days then the results are null.
I know there is more oxygen in the fuel but 3HP worth?

·
Registered
865 Posts
i know its hard to believe, but go buy some and youll be amazed..yeah it was the same day, drained the tank and instantly got those results..

even more hard to believe..we dynoed my friends gsxr 1000 the same day and it made 144hp..we drained his tank and put in the ultimate 4 and it made 152..doing nothing to his bike except put in that gas..

its way to expensive to run all the time for me, but im definetly going to be running it at every drag race..

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Great results then!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by brad c@Nov 23 2003, 05:36 PM
i know its hard to believe, but go buy some and youll be amazed..yeah it was the same day, drained the tank and instantly got those results..

even more hard to believe..we dynoed my friends gsxr 1000 the same day and it made 144hp..we drained his tank and put in the ultimate 4 and it made 152..doing nothing to his bike except put in that gas..

its way to expensive to run all the time for me, but im definetly going to be running it at every drag race..
So it is 92.2 octane....i looked it up a while ago and saw 92.2.
Then i asked the dealer and he said 102. Chapparal doesnt even know what theyre selling man :disgust I ask one person, then they had to ask someone else, who asked someone else that finally "knew" :nono :nono
But they were dead wrong. Ok, so running a 50/50 of 91 and Ultimate 4 wouldnt be a good thing then huh? Cause the Octanes already low. Damn its expensive tho. I have a can and just wondering about that 50/'50 mix/....thanx

·
Registered
865 Posts
its 92.2 motor octane so its actualy a little higher then pump gas..the way they rate it is different..so it is a little better than pump 93 as far as octane goes.

the guy i get it from told me it only makes the power its suposed to if you run it strait. its so expensive to do that all the time so thats why im only going to run it at races..it also goes bad after a while if its not in a sealed metal container, so its not good to leave setting in your tank and carb, another reason i guess mixing it wouldnt be that good..thats jusy what he tells me so im gonna just take his word..

·
Registered
213 Posts
I RACE MX AND ULTIMATE 4 IS THE ONLY THING I USE IN MY YFZ THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS I COULDNT BELIEVE IT UNTIL I USED IT ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT AMA LEGAL I DONT KNOW ABOUT ATVA BUT HEY FOR AMATUER RACES ITS FINE.I ALSO HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS 98 OCTANE BUT IT HAS ADDED OXYGENS I KNOW ON THE CAN IT HAS N.O.S ANY RELATION I DONT KNOW ALL I KNOW IS IT WORKS

·
Registered
213 Posts
i live in maryland and there is a place called bumpstiks and the dirt shop that sell it there is also some vendors at budds creek selling it sometimes

·
Registered
575 Posts
What if I were to add VP racing fuel with a 13:1 compression piston.Would I get a good increase in power? Would I have to rejet more less or none and would it be bad for my motor.

·
Registered
213 Posts
if you ran ultimate 4 with a 13:1 it wouldnt be enough octane u need 100 but vp does make high octane fuels that work good like c-12, i have a friend who used u-4 in his high comp motor it worked but it wasnt ideal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts