YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen posts on here where people use race gas to try and make up for a lean condition instead for proper jetting. My buddy done the same thing and his mods are full gytr exhaust. Mine are cam mod, stock air box mod not lid off, exhaust mod, and a dyno jet kit. we went riding yesterday with a buddy on a moded canondale. We got out on the pavement and lined all three up and did a roll on in second gear. Needless to say the canondale was never in the pitcure. My stock moded 450 out ran my buddies with full exhaust(no cam mod or jetted) by 5 bike lenghts. He could'nt belive it so we did it 4 times with the same results. After the 4th race I looked down at his pipe and it was glowing red hot all the way back through the mid pipe. Obviously the race fuel isn't near enough to help with the lean condition and I'm sure there is alot of unfound power waiting to be unleashed after it's properly tuned. The money spent on race fule after a few rides would pay for a jet kit.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
why would race fuel make up for a lean condition :what

and if you are talking about oxygenated fuels you need to jet up for those :wtf

tell your friend to pull his head out, is he really running a full pipe with stock jetting :eek

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not oxgenated fuel like nutec it's cam2. Cam2 is supposingly thinner than normal gasoline so more will flow through the jet? Don't know how much thinner but obviously not enough. I told him the last time my header pipe on my drag bike glowed like that I burned the edges of 2 pistons. I going to do the cam mod for him and also get some jets from the dealer ship. I just hope there isn't to much premature cylinder damage done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Simply put, different octanes have different burn rates. A "race" gas burns slower than regular. Sometimes you may have to lean out the mixture when you go to race gas. Or if you are lean, you may run quicker with the race gas as a compensation but NOT a fix or hidden speed secret. Testing with different motors in the past, the design of a motor may like a cirtain octane rating.

·
Registered
631 Posts
dont matter what kinda fuel he is running he needs to REJET. this bike is very lean from the factory.

andy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Perhaps this may put it in prospective,
I always use race fuel.Before i did any mods i used it also.After i replaced the exhaust,did filter mod,Re-jetted it, it ran much faster.When you do these mods, its to burn more fuel/air.Remember Yamaha tuned Down the quad for emissions, and mods undo that,bringing it back up to where it should be.
The only thing the race fuel will do is give you better throttle response and a bit more power(just like a car using SUPER),( i find it burns cleaner ).The average "Joe" may not even notice a difference.
By me they sell this stuff "Power Mist" i mainly use it because i love the smell,,LMAO
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts