YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Rescue YFZ and others that want some race cut fenders pics here they are. I just did it yesterday after looking at a bunch. I wanted it to still look good with the headlights on and not have the headlights stick out a bunch past the cut fenders. I was pretty meticulous and cut very slowly, taking my time to do it correctly (replacements are $175 from Yamaha). I used a fine tooth hack saw blade in my hand and taped everything off. After the fenders were cut, I then went back with a fine hand file and a small piece of 400 grit sand paper, being very carful. Look at the removed fender piece for a (sort of) guide of how far I went with it. I cut on the edge of the tape (as a guide). You guys may or may not like it, but I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out! :D

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
looks awsum!!!!!!!!! i really like the back part....... thats wat mine are gunna look like!! i also like how theyre so even :rock

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks Great! :rock

·
Registered
921 Posts
:rock :yfz I like how i cut mine on the line, looks alot better i think, but yours looks good too, i just dont like how the lip sticks out, just my 0.2!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Lets see a pic of the side please.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Looks nice. Good pics

·
Registered
30 Posts
good job they look great :rock

·
Registered
114 Posts
think i will keep mine stock. is there any reason other than look for you to cut the fenders anyways?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by DieSteveDie@Jan 6 2004, 03:51 PM
think i will keep mine stock. is there any reason other than look for you to cut the fenders anyways?
yes. u cut back wind resistance. u can speed up the quad by 2mph by cutting the fenders. there are other ways of doing it though so u can still get a little lift from jumps.

·
Registered
625 Posts
glad to see you did the same as mine :rock

Geoff.

·
Registered
479 Posts
looks good, a lot of stuff is gonna hit you now.... ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have always had a quad with race cut fenders so I am used to it. It feels funny riding one with fenders to me. I don't really notice any more stuff hitting me unless I am in mud, then you can SEE the difference between me and my buddies who have full fenders. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
for those of you who can only see an "X" right click the little box with the "X" in it and click show picture i have had to do that in other threads!! -Josh :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts