YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 2 months ago i baught a monster shorty exhaust along with a Msd programer and Fuels custom intake. Since I was going to dyno it i went along and got a 08 intake can installed by Garret at Fuel customs. The bike ran great after I got it on the dyno at Fuel customs and got it tuned. Great turn around time, less than a week he also cut my plastics as well. This REALLY WOKE up the bike with 48.5 hp . Garret did great work and will defenetly reccomend him to anyone that wants to get some good work done on their bike near socal .
I took it out about 3 times since I got it and got used to the power. Now looking for more power but not looking to break the bank, anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
338 Posts
get rid of the R is the best mod...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're going to run race gas might as well get more compression out of it. Go with a custom cut MMAD 14:1 piston.

Big power gain? Race gas ain't a problem it's all about having fun

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone else have input ? I want to put out around 51hp

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Stock valve ported head with a 45mm TB and a better pump gas piston will reliably make around 52hp. Talk to MMAD since you're already in SOCAL, Geoff will set you up.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stock valve ported head with a 45mm TB and a better pump gas piston will reliably make around 52hp. Talk to MMAD since you're already in SOCAL, Geoff will set you up.

I'm going to give him a call I hope I didn't wait to long

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

What do you guys think

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not fun when you run out of gas while riding and your not able to just pull up to any gas station to fuel up. closest gas station to where I ride that sells race gas is like 10 miles away. my friends on race gas once he runs out its time to call it a day for him lol
Haha that's true finding race fuel is kind of hard to find

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much hp shud i be putting out with a port and polish from Mmad ?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
All are different really. What did you make?
Well I haven't gotten it yet im still saving up for it , i knows it going to be pricy and wondering if the gains is worth the $$. I don't mind paying 400 for th port and Polish that's not the problem. The problem is paying someone to revmove and reinstall the head after the Job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.