YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im loving the feel of the new seat and fenders it feels like a completely different quad now. hammering down through the corners is so much more comfortable, i no longer have to worry about hard impacts on my tail bone like i did on the original set up. there is still plenty of room for my kick starter. (central member adrenaline junkie also did this conversion so props to him, i believe we took similar steps in making it all fit). let me know what you think guys!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ur right it's not a bolt on mod I wish it was. You must use the front half of the original seat pan and bolt it to the rear half of the R seat pan. Same goes for the seat foam. There is also a lot of plastic trimming involved. Ill post up some pics this evening of the modifications to the seat.

·
Registered
315 Posts
looks awesome! nice work

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

finally got pics for u all. this pic shows where i cut the two seats in half and bolted them together. i didnt use any glue or anything fancy, just bolted them together using rubber fender washers and nylock nuts. its been holding up great on the tracks. you must use the front half of the carb model yfz seat.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also trimmed about 2 inches off the side panel plastic where the rear fenders meat them. the R rear fenders will overlap the side panels unless you trim the side panels and zip ty them into place.

last but not least you will need to use an R model grab bar. and also weld some tabs to your heel guards so you can bolt on the rear fenders and keep them from flopping around. hope this helps everyone!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts