YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting my build on my 09 YFZ450r its obviously fuel injected ... Im looking at buy a full exhaust and intake for it .... Being that it is efi, does it need to be rejetted like the old carbs had to be or do EFI even have jets at all?!?!?!?! .... or if i just put the exhaust and intake on it will the EFI somewhat compensate for the better flow ... I plan on getting a vortex eventually but planned on putting the exhaust and intake on soon and was wondering if it would run fine without different jets or or the vortex right away ... THANKS

·
Registered
738 Posts
It does not need new jetting but I would HIGHLY recommend not to run the exhaust without an aftermarket tuner. They are already lean from the factory and you really need a computer (ideally a Vortex) to correct it so it will run properly and not cause issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not need new jetting but I would HIGHLY recommend not to run the exhaust without an aftermarket tuner. They are already lean from the factory and you really need a computer (ideally a Vortex) to correct it so it will run properly and not cause issues.
So running it with the intake without a tuner is ok then? I should just wait to do the exhaust when i have the vortex in hand?

·
Registered
738 Posts
I don't think it would cause any issues but I would just wait for the Vortex personally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts