YFZ Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What filter do you have, and how much trouble was it to install?

Did you have to cut the stock screen out of the airbox, or did it mount over it?

How does the "Billit ' type mount go on/ Do you just screw it on mount the filter and you're good to go?

The local shops around here don't sell aftermarkets airfilters, and I'm getting little info from the parts dept guys over the phone from the distant shops that do.

Whats the best way to go at this?

I want to keep the airbox.

Thanks, any info appreciated.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Jan 18 2004, 04:16 PM
What filter do you have, and how much trouble was it to install?

Did you have to cut the stock screen out of the airbox, or did it mount over it?

How does the "Billit ' type mount go on/ Do you just screw it on mount the filter and you're good to go?

The local shops around here don't sell aftermarkets airfilters, and I'm getting little info from the parts dept guys over the phone from the distant shops that do.

Whats the best way to go at this?

I want to keep the airbox.

Thanks, any info appreciated.
If you want to keep the airbox I have a brand new never used still in the plastic ALBA Pro-Flow kit with an outerwear that I will sell you for like $90 shipped.

Its brand new and ALba wants $100 bucks plus shipping, plus you would be helping me out.

Anyway all you do is drill out the rivets and the new billet piece bolts in place of the cone and screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts