YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Jacksonville, Florida and have a quick question for you jetting experts. Let me start by saying I have read all of DADDOG'S informative site. I'm wondering how the climate effects the jetting configuration?
Here it gets mild cold winters (like now) and blazing hot summers... Will I need to rejet each season to run properly? I am about to rejet my quad after it's first dealer service with having valves tightened and had these remaining questions:

My set-up after jetting will be:
K&N w/o lid, HMF full exhaust w/o Q-core, and proposed jets as followed:

new main jet 170 or 175 (suggestions...?)
new piliot jet 48 (shoud I try a 45 first...?)
stock needle clip #5
stock air mixture screw (leave in stock position...?)

Thanx for everyone's input a eagerness to help other riders...

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey bro i live in ftmyers fl and i have an 06 with a fci intake nmotion full system and cam timing advanced, i jetted the piss out of my quad, it took like 6wks to get it right. i have the ncvq needle but hate it. i put the stock needle in and run a 175 main and a 50 pilot, it friggin rips, in the winter i will probably drop the main to a 172. good luck, dont think that the ncvq is a nessisity, its just a richer needle

·
Registered
783 Posts
hey bro i live in ftmyers fl and i have an 06 with a fci intake nmotion full system and cam timing advanced, i jetted the piss out of my quad, it took like 6wks to get it right. i have the ncvq needle but hate it. i put the stock needle in and run a 175 main and a 50 pilot, it friggin rips, in the winter i will probably drop the main to a 172. good luck, dont think that the ncvq is a nessisity, its just a richer needle
[/b]
y would u lean it out in the winter time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts