YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've bought an 05 w/ the 480 athena kit on it, and have a couple of quick questions that I couldn't find in my searches.

First, how do I tell if the oil mod or update has been done to this bike? What can I visually check?

Two, if the oil update is not done already, and I install it, will it still work / fit correctly w/ the 480? I understand the skirt is longer...

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (hybridpower @ Feb 19 2009, 03:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748462
Ok, I've bought an 05 w/ the 480 athena kit on it, and have a couple of quick questions that I couldn't find in my searches.

First, how do I tell if the oil mod or update has been done to this bike? What can I visually check?

Two, if the oil update is not done already, and I install it, will it still work / fit correctly w/ the 480? I understand the skirt is longer...

Thanks![/b]
You can't tell unless you have the cylinder or clutch cover off of the bike. It will either have a modified clutch cover with the 07 parts in it, or the right case half is modified. Some do have longer sleeves, but they can be notched to clear the 07 oil injector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts