YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thank you cjpoole for posting my pics.

YFZ (red/white one) in the background is my brothers. But, I am going to pickup another one in a few months as a backup, and I am going to set it up like his. I really like thered/white/East Coast stickers. We are going to start working on that tonight, have axle, Ultimates, MXRs.etc to do to that one.

No kickstarter, plastic is stock, just removed the heel baskets. As soon as I get my roll footpegs and bleed the lines I will be done. Putting on the rear axis tonight.

Then, finally, in the spring, I am going to go ahead and put the Roll swingarm.

Scott

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by quad#11@Dec 12 2003, 06:56 PM
Thank you cjpoole for posting my pics.

YFZ (red/white one) in the background is my brothers. But, I am going to pickup another one in a few months as a backup, and I am going to set it up like his. I really like thered/white/East Coast stickers. We are going to start working on that tonight, have axle, Ultimates, MXRs.etc to do to that one.

No kickstarter, plastic is stock, just removed the heel baskets. As soon as I get my roll footpegs and bleed the lines I will be done. Putting on the rear axis tonight.

Then, finally, in the spring, I am going to go ahead and put the Roll swingarm.

Scott
front tires are different( pointing in different directions) :blah ....... awsum quad!!!!!!!! i really like the RD/AXIS and shamrocks :rock now for sum vids! :rock :yfz

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i guess ill be the first to call january qotm 8) . thats a sick yfz you got there. lucky sob :lol . how about a complete list of mods? oh yeh-good eyes trey

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah, the wheels are backwards. I was in the moddle of mounting them when my brother came by, lost my train of thought, and there ya go. Feel like a real dumba$$, too. Here are the mods:

Axis all around
Roll LT Front end
Steel Braided Lines front and rear
Gibson Dampner
Douglas Shamrock Front Rims
Douglas Ultimate Rears
Team Axle
Team Rear Hubs
Baldwin Front Hubs
AC Pegs (AC Sucks)
AC Front Bumper
Roll Footpegs (on the way)
Duncan Full Exhaust
Cam Mod
K&N kit with billet bracket
Roll Steering Stem
Tag Bars
PEP Chain relocator
Kill switch and adaptor (Baldwin)

I will have a Roll swingarm in the early spring, and I am contemplating whether or not to go into the motor. I think for now, I am going to leave it alone, but if I get to the point where I want more (which probably won't be long) I may get the piston, flow the head, do a valve job and an ignition. My brother just got a Vortex Ignition, so I will see how much difference it makes when he hooks it up.

Scott

·
Registered
479 Posts
that is a sick 450!!! :O

·
Registered
294 Posts
I personally think Axis are the best shocks available to the public. I have used PEPs before and they were very nice, but to get a fully adjustable PEP you have to shell out nearly 1700 bucks, and they aren't worth the extra money. If I were a pro and didn't have to pay for my suspension, then I would run either of the two, who ever gave me the best sponsorship. But for my dime, I choose Axis. The people at Axis are sooooo easy to deal with and are always there if you have a problem or question.

Scott

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you ridden much with that Gibson dampner? If so, how do you like it? Sick quad!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tainted is about right on the pricing, I got them from a place out of Dirtwheels mag called Carbides Motoworld. I don't have their number, but the fronts were right around 180, but I think the rears were a little more like 165 a piece. Stil WAY under retail, Baldwin sells the fronts for 250 per.

As for the dampner, it is the same basic dampner that is availible as a denton, pep, etc. They all buy their dampners and slap their own sticker on it. It is adjustable for tension and seems to be of good quality. You kinda have to have one if you plan on doing much MX. The YFZ wants to turn, it handles so well that any input to the bars and it is ready to go in that direction, which can wear out your arms in a hurry. The dampner just tames it a bit and helps with arm pump.

Scott

1 - 20 of 22 Posts