YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt my top end and Im putting it back together. I have gotten as far as the cams and now Im stuck. I have a HotCams intake cam and I cant get the timing right on it. I put the crank at TDC by lining up the marks on the case and flywheel, but the indent on the cam wont line up with the case. It is either close to 1/8 above or close to 1/8 below the case depending on which tooth I put it on. Is there another way to tell if you have the timing right? or does anyone know the solution to this problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had the same problem but once I put the timing chain tensioner back on, the tension lined up the cams. Try that and see if it works

·
Registered
229 Posts
Your crank wouldnt be off if you aligned it with the timing marks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm putting it on the third mark. The one that doesn't have a horizontal line between them. And yeah, I also double checked the mark. Could it be the chain doing this? I didn't change it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
there are three marks on the crank, do you have the right one?

and when you put the tensioner on and it pulls the marks 1/8 off, are you checking the mark on the crnak again? did it move or is it still at TDC?
I have a problem with every time I put my things back in my top dead center mark is always off how do I get it to stay at top dead center

1 - 14 of 14 Posts