YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my bike over because it decided not to run anymore :strokin: , anyway checking valve's the exhaust was close, just had one a little tight. Checked the intake and all of them were tight, the far left was .06mm's, and the other 2 I didnt' have a feeler gauge small enough( smallest one I have is .04mm's ). So I take the cam's out and all that, the exhaust bucket's will come right out, but the intake bucket's will not come out :angryfire: :angryfire: has anyone ever had a problem like this??? Any help it appreciated greatly, thanks!

-Ryan

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
use a magnet, thats what i do

they might need a bit of wiggling

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya...tried a magnet, no go. Even tried needle nose pliers, they will turn in circle's freely but for the life of me cannot get them to come out???

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
ah

they must be suctioned on there somehow, sorry i cant give you no more help man

·
Premium Member
13,948 Posts
Work at it....sometimes a little burr will prevent them from coming out easily. Mine used to do the same thing until I removed them once or twice.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to keep on trying, just doesn't seem right when the exhaust bucket's will damn near come out with your finger's and the intake's a stubborn as all get out! Thanks for the encouragement though!

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have any of you ever had to take the head off to get this done? The last bucket will not budge! I've done everything I can think of, short of taking the head off of the bike and trying from there. Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

-Ryan

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
it sounds like the cam journals have burred the edges and are holding the bucket in.

you can get a de-burrer, which is a small pen shaped tool with a swivel blade on the end, to take the edge off or gently use a small fine file...gently.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Adam do you have any idea what size blade you use? I've been looking,but have not found one that look's small enough to go between the bucket and the journal. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Further investigation Adam was 100% correct! The journals wore and created pretty good lips on all the the intakes. The outside 2 are not as bad as the middle. What usually causes this??? Over torquing the cam towers or is there something else??? Thanks

-Ryan

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
QUOTE (patterson450 @ Feb 11 2009, 02:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745333
Hey Adam do you have any idea what size blade you use? I've been looking,but have not found one that look's small enough to go between the bucket and the journal. Thanks[/b]
sorry i missed this one. i didnt think about having to squeeze it in there while the bucket is still in there...it would be pretty hard. you could also try a small jewellers file to get the clearance to get the bucket out and finish the job with the de-burrer

QUOTE (patterson450 @ Feb 22 2009, 10:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749356
Further investigation Adam was 100% correct! The journals wore and created pretty good lips on all the the intakes. The outside 2 are not as bad as the middle. What usually causes this??? Over torquing the cam towers or is there something else??? Thanks

-Ryan[/b]
It can be caused by over tightening, lack of oil, bent cam or just plain old wear...lots of it though. or a combo of all

over tightening is the biggest culprit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts