YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a PRM Swingarm Skidplate. WHen it arrived i inspected it and it looked well made. When i sat my quad vertical and tried to mount the plate ont to the swingarm i noticed that the holes dint line up. i had to dremmel the hell out of the holes and elongate them to make the skidplate fit. You ask why i didnt send it back? Well, i was about to ride in a very very rocky area (north East) so wasnt about to ride without a swing arm skidplate. i sent PRM an email a couple of days ago mentioning this fact and they enevr bothered to even reply much less make it right for me. As far as i am concerned PRM will not ever get any more of my business.

PS, i also bought a Baja rear Grab bar from them at the same time and it was scuffed up like it was mounted before and somebody did a wheely and looped it.

For the kind of money they are asking for their products i can get better quality from other manufacturers like AC and DG. :angry :disgust

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had to ream out the holes on my PRM rear skid also!!!!!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesnt that s**ck. you pay like 80 bux and the damn thing doesnt even fit right. its not rocket science.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by seatec@Sep 16 2003, 11:08 AM
I recently bought a PRM Swingarm Skidplate. WHen it arrived i inspected it and it looked well made. When i sat my quad vertical and tried to mount the plate ont to the swingarm i noticed that the holes dint line up. i had to dremmel the hell out of the holes and elongate them to make the skidplate fit. You ask why i didnt send it back? Well, i was about to ride in a very very rocky area (north East) so wasnt about to ride without a swing arm skidplate. i sent PRM an email a couple of days ago mentioning this fact and they enevr bothered to even reply much less make it right for me. As far as i am concerned PRM will not ever get any more of my business.

PS, i also bought a Baja rear Grab bar from them at the same time and it was scuffed up like it was mounted before and somebody did a wheely and looped it.

For the kind of money they are asking for their products i can get better quality from other manufacturers like AC and DG. :angry :disgust
Thanks for the tip and sorry for your pain! PRM will get what's coming to them and it won't be my $.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have seen the AC ones and they look great but my buddy here just bought the GYT-R one and it is AWESONE its a two piece like the stock plastic so there for it cause no loss of ground clearence like the AC and RPM ones do.

Anyhow that is what I will buy..

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
!!!UPDATE!!!!
PRM called me last night to talk to me about the Swingarm Skid. I answered all their question. We agreed that they would first check their manufacturing process and make sure all is ok and mine was an anomaly(did mention that at least one other person i know ha the same problem NHYFZ450). Once they are done they will ship me a new skid and ill ship the old one back. The guy (Joe i blieve was his name) could not have been nicer. I have my faith in them somwehat restored and am waiting anxiously to get my new skidplate to see if it fits better. I will keep you posted.

NHYFZ450: i would call them up and ask if they are willing to replace yours too. i think it would be better to not have bigger than necessary mounting holes because the skid could move around and skuff the mounting tabs.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Always good to hear that a manufacturer is trying hard in the customer service dept. and not just the marketing dept.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
did you say anything to them about the clerance between the sprocket and the skid?
Mine also did not line up very well and I had to modify it to get it on. and the sprocket is very cose to the skid. Almost too close :|

·
Registered
319 Posts
I will tell you from experience, mine and other racers, 1 in the top 20 overall gncc overall rankings, that PRM skids do hold up better than others. AC,DG, and some other big namers dont hold a candle, I would easily figure out how to space it out or ream the whole and take a skid that I only have to put on 1 time, over ones that need replacing once a month. PRM will always have my business. AC has good customer service unfortunately their products suck and dont hold up, dg i wont even go there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the heads up seatec.
Ill give them a call!!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NHYFZ450
Let me know what they say to you when you call them. they where very firendly with me but i have to see when that skid plate finally comes in and see if it fits or not.
Well, see. it would be nic if they where to call me and let me know when the skid is on the mail but not really nessecary.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
my body skid plate went on well but the back bolts did not reach. i think it needed to be bent alittle more and i tryed but i bought longer bolts for that back 2 holes

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what do you mean the bolts did not reach? where the mounting tabs bent outwards so the bol couldnt make it to the stock mounting holes? weird

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by CTYfzrider@Sep 23 2003, 01:51 PM
my body skid plate went on well but the back bolts did not reach. i think it needed to be bent alittle more and i tryed but i bought longer bolts for that back 2 holes
mine was the same way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just installed a full set of prm skid's last week. Everything fit really nice except for the short bolts supplied with the engine skid. However, I emailed them and within a few hours they replied and said they were looking into it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been runing PRM skidplates for a while now. This is after breaking of a few dg's. My skid seemed to line up perfectly, but maybe I just got lucky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm from Oregon, I called them in Aug. or Sept. about parts for me. I fiqured since I lived so close to them I could pick them up. (No shipping cost, Yeah!) I later spent the money on tires. So, no skids. Anyway, I can't remember who I talked to but he was really cool. I'm sure they'll make it right. alot of good things have been said about them in the past.

If they give you any problems, I'll stop by on my YFZ and Roost the w00ter outta their Lawn. :lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I HAD TO REAM OUT 1 HOLE THE RIGHT SIDE REAR BUT OTHER THAN THAT I LOVE THEIR STUFF

·
Registered
17 Posts
The first skid I bought was a UM 20 min. into first ride 2 bolts sheered off into my swingarm and bent the hell out of it. I bought a prm the next week, 9 months later it is still good as new, riding in the Nevada desert.Go prm :rock :rock :rock

1 - 20 of 41 Posts