YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I plan on racing MX and maybe some TT this season and need to know what else should I do to my quad to be ready. Below is a list of mods so far:

Pipe - Thunder-Alley, Jetting - 45, 170, 2 turns, Bars - Tag T2 (twist throttle and Tag grips), Cam Mod, Air Box - Alba
Pro Flow w/ K + N, no lid, Bumper - AC, Nerf Bars - AC Pro peg w/ heel guards, GYT-R lightning graphics

Need to do: Axle - LSR or RPM, Wheels - ITP, Douglas, or Burgard Beadlocks for the rear, not sure for the front (what do you think?), A-arms - +2 Burgard premium? (open for suggestions), Suspension - Send to Derisi for revalve
What about skids? Is stock OK?
Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
everything is good but
1. get rpm axle great quility
2. douglas utimate beadlocks
3 and yes ur stock skids will be ok
idk about the burguard a-arms heard great stuff about them though
kevin
------------------
yfz 450 mods
pep zps fronts
lsr lt dc-4 a-arms
blue hmf f/s
rpm axle
arens nerfs
p.d. kill swith

·
Registered
625 Posts
Kill switch, plugs for your bar ends, race # plates and a Big set of balls.

Geoff.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
LSR axle and RPM are great products....... take ur pick
any beadlock will be fine and get Douglas .190s w/ a rolled edge up front
+2 burgard premiums would be a great choice
and get an engine skid and u dnt even need one for the swingarm really

·
Registered
631 Posts
sounds pretty good might want to look into getting gussets put on your frame. been some people saying they are cracking their frames under hard stress.

andy

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a set of burgards on a 250R and the second time riding w/ them I got tangled up in a holeshot and they bent a little. Maybe they just got hit in the right spot to bend them. But you can get +2 LT a-arms from JB Racing. Jody makes really good parts and I think retail on them are only $695.
Thats what I am gonna be running on my 450

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You will be fine with an LSR axle. I had a bad experience on my Raptor and I can not believe to this day my LSR axle did not bend. They are really good quality! When I get another axle it will definelty be LSR. The last one I had would not bend, even after I landed on it from a pretty big jump after my tire came off in the air.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies so far.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What size rims and tires for mx racing? And what about the offset? Could someone explain this?
Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by slinger@Jan 4 2004, 09:40 PM
What size rims and tires for mx racing? And what about the offset? Could someone explain this?
Thanks
your gonna wanna have 18" rear tires on 8" or 9" rimthe back offset is all about the same, which ever you pick/ and i went with a 10"rim with a offset of 2"on the outside and 3" on the inside for the front with 20" tires

you want the small tires for a couple reasons: it helps lower the quad, lees body roll, and lower gears

C

·
0 Posts
LSR OR RPM AXLE

BURGARD OR LONESTAR A-ARMS

MAYBEE A SET OF AXIS SUSPENSION UP TO U

1 - 14 of 14 Posts