YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding an 04 yfz 450 and am looking to powder coat the frame and some other parts. The only vin number i have is a sticker on the frame. I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to get it off intact so i can put it back on after the powder coating is done. the only thing i can think of right now is using a heat gun to try and remove it. Im just a little uneasy about over heating and destroying the sticker or clear film on the top.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We do this on our semi trucks windshields for removing permit stickers when replacing glass. We put clear tape over entire decal. Lightly heat entire sticker and surrounding area. Then use a razerblade to remove decal. We put rubber cement on decal when putting on new windshield. Hope this helps.d

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
It has a VIN number in the frame right beside the shifter. I'm in Canada and all my yfz's have them along with friends yfz's too. Otherwise you could steal a yfz take off the sticker put make a new one and guess what the quad isn't stolen any more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.