YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I juss thought that we could post everything about pipes in 1 post. Post what you think about your pipe and other pipes, prices, SOUND DECIPLES what every you know, and some FACTS.

DMC :D
• 9.9 peak horsepower gain
• 36% average horsepower gain from 4250-10750 rpm
• 55% average horsepower gain from 4500-5500 rpm
• 46% less weight (11.52lbs stock vs. 6.48lbs DMC Alien)
(without Jetting)
$490 kit includes full system

FMF Factory 4 :D
fmf says about 10 hp gain
instant throttle respmse
gains are in every gear.
hard hitting mid and top rang
comes with jets
$650

Hmf :|
6.3 hp increase
5 low 7mid 9 top
tourqe
7low 6 mid 4 low
49 hp with non tread tires
$450.99

add on 2 list with anything!!
lrd,yoshi,joker,fmf titanium4,powercore 4,bill ballences new pipe,lte,sparks just keep them comming. :D

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
TC :blah
smokes nething on bottom and mid :lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey yfz_53 do you know the deciple output of tc is and how much it cost?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by freestyln yfz450@Jan 2 2004, 02:00 AM
hey yfz_53 do you know the deciple output of tc is and how much it cost?
the cost is $530 and the db output i am not sure, but i know itd got to be 110 or higher...... its crazy loud, but not just obnoxious..... it sounds goooooooooood :rock

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is their any way to amke it quieter and what is tc's site?

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, but this is the email they sent me.

Here's some YFZ history that we're a little more sure of. Sparks Racing becomes the first aftermark pipe builder to have their pipe product ready for retail. Sparks Racing tested the YFZ on their Dynojet Dyno. In stock form they claim it put out 37 peak hp. With their new Sparks Racing X-6 Exhaust Kit, air filter kit, jet kit, and Sparks cam mods they boasted the mighty YFZ to 47 peak hp. Their biggest hp gain was on the upper end, which netted a 11.5 hp gain over the stocker. Sparks says the power was also much broader than the stock system. In riding the quad with these simple mods Curtis himself said, "it's awesome! The gain was really shocking and we are very excited about the future of this Yamaha!

The pipe will retail at $449 and from what we believe is available right now.
For more info click Sparks Racing or call them at (661) 872-4343

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lemme add my comments on some things to consider about various reports of HP gains...

Sparks may advertise a 11.5 HP gain, but that is not peak to peak. The bottom line HP number that should be used in advertising is peak stock vs. peak w/ pipe. Also, if you took out the filter and cam mod that Sparks also added, and dyno'ed just the pipe and jetting, it would not provide the same numbers. I really wish all of these pipe companies can just bolt on the exhaust only and rejet for a TRUE number. I don't want to know how much three different mods did...just the damn pipe :angry . Places like Yoshi give honest results. After calling and talking with their tech dept, I was told their complete pipe only made 5 HP more peak, however he informed me that they only stepped up to a 160 MJ, which is why the pipe made less than ideal numbers...at least they were honest. Yoshi always runs their bikes lean....almost like they are trying to pass emissions or something :lol

As far as my experience....

I love my HMF. It's a tad loud compared to my Yoshi on my KFX 400, but the gains were extremely noticeable over the stock pipe w/ baffle removed. I noticed a very impressive gain over all areas of the RPM range.

Bottom line with pipes, go with one that has a quality build and has a look you like. You cannot go wrong in performance with ANY pipe on the YFZ. You will never feel the 1 HP difference made between most pipes.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I agree, I also have the HMF and like it a lot, quality is excellent and yes, maybe a little loud, but I have the shorty :evilgrin. I agree with the axhaust testing, everyone does it different, just a big marketing load of crap. I dont think any pipe can give the YFZ 11.5 HP, that is crazy high.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
true true good posts!!! is anyone running albas,fmfs,yoshi,joker,doctor d, keep the posts comming!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I am not going to post any numbers, you guys have all done that. And yes #'s don't lie but personally I do not pay any attention to what every company says their pipe puts out and I don't beleive and review the magazines do.

What I do know and DO pay attention to is what the bike feels like with the pipe one it. On my YFZ i have only ran a HMF pipe. On my EX I have ran 7 different pipe or compinations. TC, LRD, pro circut, FMF, sparks, and HMF. for MY ex and the type of racing I do the HMF was the best feeling pipe by far. When it came time to get a pipe for my YFZ i did not hesitate an instant in making my choice and called HMF!

To top things off THEY MAKE PIPES! that is what they do. THEY RIDE AND RACE. other companies have riders that ride for them and build their own motors. I think HMF puts more time and care into the design of their exhaust!

One last thing to add, they are great people to deal with. The second time I ever called them they remembered me. To me that means a lot!!!!!!! They are more than willing to help you out with any questions or problem you have. I am not putting down any other pipes out there, but HMF has my business for life no matter what the dyno says!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Every dyno reads different on any given day. We just dynoed 2 bikes (posted results). We also dynoed a bone stock one two weeks ago and only made 30 horse not 37 at the rear tires. But thats with stock tires. Everyone will claim huge gains to sell thier product. I'm sure if we would have made pulls with dynoed approved tires we would have seen a 4-6 horse gain but we dynoed them the same set up as we ride them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am running a Trinity racing full system and love it. They say it produced 10hp with lid off and jetted(no cam mod). The sound from this pipe is killer, not just the overbearing sounds some pipes produce. The system came fully polished with 48p/170m. It cost $450.00. I could not be more pleased with this pipe. I have pro flow intake, jd blue neddle 3rd clip, 48p/175m and yz cam. Dynoed at Keith race tech(local shop) with stock tires at 51hp. I highly recommend this pipe.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
HMF all the way
:rock

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the GT Thunder exhaust and it puts out just a tad bit more then the HMF exhaust.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
king 450--- i have not herd much on the trinity exhaust. where is most of the power gains at? bottom,mid.or high and hows the torque?? and the full exhasut system came with a jet for $450

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well I guess not too many people want to share info on the GYTR full system so I'll do it. The fit and finish is great and I didn't have any problems on the install. The power gains were very nice over the stock exhaust w/o the sparky. I noticed the power a bit on low and a lot more on mid/top. The sound is very mean and when I was sitting on the line next to z450's and raptors and whatever that were piped, I could hear my pipe growling over there's by a good amount and when you stab the throttle it barks pretty good :lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
I must agree with trick450_#28.. I too have the GYT-R full system.. ( s.s header with alum. can) I run a Uni-Filter with no lid and 168main 45pilot NCVQ needle on the 4th clip and 2.5 turns on the mixture screw..... I say big gains from the bottom to the top..... It rips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But ya better loctite all the allen heads before ya run it... do that and you're in there...... Fit and finish are great and man does it BARK!!!!!!!
I love it....... My only other choice would've been the Duncan Fat Boy 4 or the FMF Ti-4 powerbomb set up... FMF is kinda cool in that the yFz uses the same head pipe as the yZf,, so that gives ya the option of the SX or the Moto header..... SX offers more bottom to mid gains and the Moto offers more mid to top (longer pulling) power.... thats pretty darn cool....... But Magnolia Bob sells those GYT-R's for the RIGHT price.......... He's the man........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts