Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says please post pictures of your pipes

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Originally posted by conceptquad@Jan 25 2004, 09:52 PM
Very nice pipe 8| i like the chrome!! do you like the performance?
It is still jetted off, but from what I can tell it flies! I hit the rev limiter in pretty much every gear, revs out faster, is qucker. Feels like it has more top end. I am very happy with the power!

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats a nice pipe raptor girl how loud is it

·
Registered
58 Posts
You all have nice pipe but my favorite is the TC... can i ask you something (yfz#43)...why you dont bought the complete system?? and do you like the performance of the TC?

·
Registered
651 Posts
When I was still shopping I asked Tom how much of a gain the full was vs. the can only. I bought it back in Sept and he hadn't had it dyno'd but guestimated a horse more. I was also told it wouldnt likely make a huge difference. I figured I could put that extra $200 to my suspension which to me is more criticle for my riding.

I figure for the average person any pipe will be an improvement due to the fact the stocker weighs a ton and well...its just plain nasty looking.

At the time the only things avail was the GYT alum,the HMF and the TC. 5mo later I still dont feel the immediate need for the header regardless of what the actual hp gains are, but I was never a firm believer that a pipe will make or break a win on a mx track anyways.

and yes I love how it performs. I have never felt a pipe was worth every penny as much as this one. My next choice would be the Thunder Alley.

·
Registered
319 Posts

1 of the few reverse megaphone systems on the planet for the yfz, if you noticed the baja winning 450r had a custom megaphone style exhuast, probably hand built by a works pipe builder. This pipe is head and shoulders above my old sparks, and the sparks I had felt stronger especially in the midrange, than the full hmf equipped yfz i rode.

·
Registered
100 Posts
all nice pipes i wonder when lte will come out with theres

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by XCyFz@Jan 31 2004, 06:31 AM

1 of the few reverse megaphone systems on the planet for the yfz, if you noticed the baja winning 450r had a custom megaphone style exhuast, probably hand built by a works pipe builder. This pipe is head and shoulders above my old sparks, and the sparks I had felt stronger especially in the midrange, than the full hmf equipped yfz i rode.
XCyFz is tellin no lie. I had a sparks and the difference is very noticable, and the sound is way better. Bob put my pipe on for me, and i riped up and down his lot and that guy had a smile from ear to ear. He truly likes making people happy with his product. The nice thing is you can tell him where you want the power to hit and he can do it for you for the same price, now thats customer service. :rock Try and get the big names to do that "fat chance". For $350 you wont find better in my oppinion. Reverse megaphone is the way to go "old school", the big names don't do it becuase it's not cost effective. ;) Plus the head pipe is 8" longer than most,wich is the same overall length has the yzf450 bike head pipe. :lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts