YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just finished doing my valves AGAIN and when i put the timing plug back in and i torqued er' down a bit too much. The end came off (flat part) and i managed to get it out with some needle nose vice-grips. We went to my dads shop to find something for a substitute since my dealer just happened to close 8 MINUTES AFTER IT HAPPENED! But no luck. So we decided to be the good ol' ******* albertans and rig er' up to work, we put teflon tape on the threads to keep the oil back since the o-ring would bee like a fart in a windstorm: useless. Im goin to my buddies this weekend, not too worried about it since my dads philosophy is "ride er' til she blows!" so thats what im gunna do. But should this be fine for a weekend til a plug kit somes in? I made a refference mark on it to make sure it dont go and loosen on me. Any suggestions if it wont work?

Thanks for you time

Frenchy

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright. Any suggestions on what plug kit to get? I want the F2 racing one but i dont think my deler can get it

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
theres all kinds but they dont make it any faster :icon_biggrin: but ive know people that have gotten parts off the showroom floor but i wont mention any names

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (2fast4uracingxc @ Feb 19 2009, 09:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748592
theres all kinds but they dont make it any faster :icon_biggrin: but ive know people that have gotten parts off the showroom floor but i wont mention any names[/b]
haha i was thinkin of doin that. But like i said, it closed 8 minutes after it happened

1 - 5 of 5 Posts