YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i searched for this and found a little but not everything I was looking for. I have a completely stock motor will porting my head bennifit me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes it will, there are a couple of vendors on here that provide porting services. I went with TTM Racing and I can tell you that the engine is VERY powerful, its a completely different beast now! Just hit Derek up and he will get you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ik it will help but I am going to keep everything else stock in the motor beside port work by ttm

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You should ask stixx about his. He has the same pipe, fci, bored carb and porting. Ask him what a carb and the right porting did for him.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well im not going to get my carb bored but I think I will get my head ported by ttm since there price is unbeatable, and from what I have heard they do a good job

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Do your homework You dont want to have to pay for this twice or have to get a new head and then get that ported. Talk to more then one porter and make the decision for yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
call around everywhere bro.

call ttm talk to derek
call dasa and speak with a builder
call rage talk with michele
ect ect.

call around man find out who can help you the most.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a quote from rage and it will cost me 400. That is twice is much as ttm so is it worth extra money to get it done some where else

·
Registered
158 Posts
To me, No! I am going by my personal experience with Derek at TTM so my opinion will be biased. TTM produces a great quality head period but then you throw in the great price and that makes it a tuff deal to beat. If I had to do it all over again and money isn't a factor, I would still be sending my engine back to TTM again. (Have that in the plans anyway :mhihi: ) If you want, I may be able to post some pics of the port work that I had done from TTM. The exhaust side may be a little black now but you will at least be able to see the intake side. Venom also offers porting but there website says $525. I would go anywhere else but to TTM to do my engine work but when you throw in the great price on top its like icing on the cake. I hope this helps and let me know if you need some pics.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Who wouldn't want to see pics of porting? Lets see em

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (unrivaledperformance @ Feb 11 2009, 03:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745316
To me, No! I am going by my personal experience with Derek at TTM so my opinion will be biased. TTM produces a great quality head period but then you throw in the great price and that makes it a tuff deal to beat. If I had to do it all over again and money isn't a factor, I would still be sending my engine back to TTM again. (Have that in the plans anyway :mhihi: ) If you want, I may be able to post some pics of the port work that I had done from TTM. The exhaust side may be a little black now but you will at least be able to see the intake side. Venom also offers porting but there website says $525. I would go anywhere else but to TTM to do my engine work but when you throw in the great price on top its like icing on the cake. I hope this helps and let me know if you need some pics.[/b]
Hey thanks for the replay what else did u have ttm do to your engine beside port it??? Have you road any other bikes that were ported by a different company

·
Registered
158 Posts
Okay, I will post the pics tomorrow night when I return from the shop.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride any other YFZ's with different ported heads. A buddy of mine has a LTR450 with a CT Racing ported head with Titanium +1 valves, Titanium valves springs, Web Cams, etc. (everything you can do to the top end w/ a 13.5:1 JE piston) and he has problems trying to keep up with my bike. TTM did the following to my bike: Falicon supercrank, Falicon knife rod, undercut transmission gears (MAJOR IMPROVEMENT), National port job, and some kind of special valve springs (don't know what they are, Derek felt the bike would make more power with the valve springs than +1 Stainless valves), 13.50:1 TTM Custom piston w/ the works and custom wrist pin. I think that pretty much sums it up. Most of my bikes work is in the bottom end, the head is almost stock without the porting.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (unrivaledperformance @ Feb 11 2009, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745414
Okay, I will post the pics tomorrow night when I return from the shop.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride any other YFZ's with different ported heads. A buddy of mine has a LTR450 with a CT Racing ported head with Titanium +1 valves, Titanium valves springs, Web Cams, etc. (everything you can do to the top end w/ a 13.5:1 JE piston) and he has problems trying to keep up with my bike. TTM did the following to my bike: Falicon supercrank, Falicon knife rod, undercut transmission gears (MAJOR IMPROVEMENT), National port job, and some kind of special valve springs (don't know what they are, Derek felt the bike would make more power with the valve springs than +1 Stainless valves), 13.50:1 TTM Custom piston w/ the works and custom wrist pin. I think that pretty much sums it up. Most of my bikes work is in the bottom end, the head is almost stock without the porting.[/b]
ic so you dont have the regular port you have the national port. You also have a lot of other motor work done too, all im going to do is send me head to get ported, so has anyone just had ttm do a port job and left the rest of your motor is stock.

·
Registered
550 Posts
im about 2 do it in a few weeks(ttm all the way) when i sell my dirtbike.
the only difference is im going 2 drop in a 12.5:1 piston while i have the motor apart.
ill let u know how it works out!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts