YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 yfz 450, and i am wondering who would be best to have the head ported and polished by?
For the price
and for the quality

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
i second that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
+1 mine is over there right now getting done.
check and see he was running a special for $250 its an MX/Duner port
i did my research and from MY findings he was the best for the price.
bad *ss mx port for $250 u cant beat it!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
TTM had a great price going that would be hard to beat. I know Venom has been known to do good work (but there have been stories of terrible work also), Dasa does phenominal work (but their customer service is TERRIBLE), Rage does great work but is pricey...

I'd go with either TTM or Rage

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would go with Rossier Engineering. I had my head ported by them and holy [email protected]#* was I impressed by the power I recieved from their porting. Their porting is little pricy but when you consider the power you get from them its nothing, there customer service is just awesome too. They always have time to talk and answer ALL your qestions with an excellent answer. TTM I'm not too empressed with after my buddies build from him. But its YOUR decision.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not going to get into that for my buddies sake. He can come on here and tell about that if he wants but I'm not saying anything. Im just saying what I know what works and what dont work that I have seen.

·
Registered
129 Posts
haha screw that go with janssen or rossier all the way i am completely turned down from my TTM motor civic brian it was my motor we wont get into it cause the problems just dont end

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have to agree with civic_bryan. TTM 100% !!! I couldn't be happier with my engine from TTM. Mine does make great torque and pulls all the way through. No problems whatsoever and Derek is a great guy to deal with.

jim_beam_racer so its not a public issue pm me what happened. I would like a little more info on what the problem is or was. The only thing I have seen you write on here was praising TTM for a more that preformed great. Obviously something has happened between now and then, I am just curious.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
QUOTE (unrivaledperformance @ Feb 23 2009, 04:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749971
I have to agree with civic_bryan. TTM 100% !!! I couldn't be happier with my engine from TTM. Mine does make great torque and pulls all the way through. No problems whatsoever and Derek is a great guy to deal with.

jim_beam_racer so its not a public issue pm me what happened. I would like a little more info on what the problem is or was. The only thing I have seen you write on here was praising TTM for a more that preformed great. Obviously something has happened between now and then, I am just curious.[/b]
there was a thread not too long ago that had it all in.

there is ALWAYS 2 sides to every story and most of the time the full extent of either side isnt revealed.

·
Registered
550 Posts
bro all i can say is ive herd a stories about derek going out of his way to satisfy his customers.
from what ive seen so far he is a great guy.
CAN'T WAIT 2 GET MY PORTED HEAD BACK!!!!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
QUOTE (cubanaso @ Feb 23 2009, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750088
bro all i can say is ive herd a stories about derek going out of his way to satisfy his customers.
from what ive seen so far he is a great guy.
CAN'T WAIT 2 GET MY PORTED HEAD BACK!!!![/b]
im staying on the fence on this one, but i agree that the the way TTM treats his customers is pretty good, and it sounds like he goes out of his way to deliver more than a reasonable standard of service.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ive got a dasa head on my bike right now and i like it. it was one the bike when i got it and i have no complaints. ive never tried any other head so i cant say if one is better than the next. i do know that if i want something i cant call dasa because i never get an answer or they are always too busy. so to me customer service means alot whoever you go with. everyone has their own opinions on who is the best and many have only rode what they have. very few people can keep buying heads and have them ported time and time again by different builders. if i were to get another one ported i would go with mmad i think. they are expensive but i have heard alot of good things about them. just my .02

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is true about there being 2 sides to every story and you will hardly ever know the full details of the stories. The only thing I can speak on, is from my own personal experiences with TTM Racing. I am very impressed with TTM and I don't have any problems to report on. I am addicted to the power and I can tell you I don't have any problems running with a +1mm valved, ported, cam'd, etc. LTR and I don't really sweat any other bikes on the track. I am confident that my engine has enough power to hang and it will still be running at the end of the race. Where are you from 4504life? If you are around NE Alabama hit me up and i'll let you come ride my bike. That should sum up pretty much all of your questions. Derek did change the piston combo on mine due to some problems so I do believe that he is out for customer satisfaction rather than a quick buck. Derek is a great guy with great customer service, I recommend him to everyone. His engine makes great power and he talked me through the entire process. Even now, I still hit him up for advice on future mods. Its always a good feeling when the engine builder cares about your satisfaction instead of your money. If anyone has any questions on my setup, experiences, etc.; feel free to contact me. PM me or my email is [email protected], please no junk mail, lol.

Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
QUOTE (Oregon's Finest @ Feb 23 2009, 01:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749863
Dasa does phenominal work (but their customer service is TERRIBLE), Rage does great work but is pricey...[/b]
I didn't know Rage was high. If I'm not mistaken, when I checked with them I think they were cheaper than Dasa. I sent my head to Dasa and paid $500 plus shipping.

But I will agree with you about Dasa's customer service. Unfortunately I've already had to deal with that. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 23 2009, 11:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750175
I didn't know Rage was high. If I'm not mistaken, when I checked with them I think they were cheaper than Dasa. I sent my head to Dasa and paid $500 plus shipping.

But I will agree with you about Dasa's customer service. Unfortunately I've already had to deal with that. :disgust:[/b]
rage charges around 425 for a rec port. 625 for a national port

1 - 20 of 20 Posts