YFZ Central banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this allows, if not delete it..

Below is a condensed version of the pipe shootouts for those looking to see all the information laid out.

Thanks to:

Terse

Kevin Gigot

http://gigotracing.com/index.php?id=5,0,0,1,0,0

This test was performed at Kevin Gigot's in house dyno. My personal stock bore 2006 yfz. Hoosier tires. 2006 Venom ported stock OEM valves and springs. 187+2.5 Web cams cam modded. Sredrum race carbs bored out stock carb to 41.5mm. FCI intake. Venom 14.1 piston. Stock 06 crank.

All out power, no db limits required. Also some pipes were cut down to make them "shorties"... IE Sparks, Jardine M4, Rossier. You can not buy them as short cans. You have to cut them yourself. Also as of Feb 09 the Jardine RT4 is no longer made. The Jardine RT5 is it's replacement. The Nmotion pipes are no longer made. However JSR is now making the old Nmotion pipes and so you can apply everything from the Nmotion pipes to the newer JSR pipes. M4 is not making the Nmotion copy pipes any more either. They make pipes however, but not the same pipe that was tested in this test.

Bare Numbers

Ron Woods 55.0HP @ 9547rpm tq @ 7021 rpm

M4 54.7HP @ 9469rpm tq @ 6839-6994

Jardine (shorty) 54.5HP @ 9453 tq @ 6802-6952

Nmotion 9" 54.1HP @ 9716 tq @ 6167 and again @ 7161

GP inframe 54.0HP @ 9696 tq @ 6705

Sparks bigcore(shorty) 53.6HP @ 9526 35.2 tq @ 7081

Rossier 53.2HP @ 9382-8496 tq @ 6767-7063

GYTR 53.1HP @ 9732 tq @ 6812-7108

ESR pro 53.1HP @ 9526-9639 tq @ 6665

Yoshi 51.1HP @ 8133 tq @ 6812

Graphs

Ron Woods

ESR Pro

ESR Pro VS. Ron Woods

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/tersejr/yfz%20pipe%20shoot%20out%20at%20GP%201%2020%2007
/ESRRW.jpg

M4

NMotion

Nmotion VS. M4

Jardine

Jardine VS. NMotion VS. M4

Jadrin Vs. Ron Woods Vs. NMotion Vs. M4

Sparks Run 2

Sparks Run 2 Vs. Jardine

GpinFrame

GPinFrame Vs. NMotion Vs. M4 Vs. Jardine

Yoshi TRS

Yoshi TRS Vs. Ron Woods Vs. Jardine

Rossier

Rossier Vs. Ron Woods Vs. M4 Vs. Jardine

GYTR

GYTR Vs. Jardine Vs. Rossier

GYTR Vs. ESR Pro Vs. Jardine

Jardine Vs. M4

Jardine Vs. NMotion

NMotion Vs. M4

Bike Test on
07 yfz, cam mod stock cams, k&N filter inside stock air box. No other mods, aside from tether kill switch and racing items. Hoosier dyno tires. TPS un plugged as it was bad.

Thanks to Correy at Advantage Tuning for all the dyno time!!

Correy at Advantage Tuning
719-271-6687
http://www.advantagetuning.com/

Thanks to Husker525 and RedRocket20 for the test quad!!

Bare Numbers

RT5 46.1 hp 32.2 tq

Venom 46.0 hp 32.2 tq

AC Flow 45.7 hp 32.2 tq

Trinity 45.7 hp 32.1 tq

RT4 shorty (not made anymore) 45.2 hp 31.9 tq

Yoshi 45.1 hp 32.2 tq

Leo Vince Quiet end cap 44.9 hp 32.0 tq

Leo Vince Race end cap 43.9 hp 31.2 tq

Yoshi (customer's pipe) Yoshi had a non repeatable run... and so the last (best) run is "this" graph

Venom

Jardine RT5

Jardine RT4 shorty (not made any more but the consistent winner of the modified motors tests)

AC Flow

Trinity

Leo Vince (pronounced "Vin Chay") with the Quiet end cap

Leo Vince with race end cap 2"

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Ok thanks for your efforts, but....

You have no build info provided. These are two different dynos. Way different motor builds... one highly modded and the other cam mod and filter...

So now I have to edit the post with the needed info to make it accurate.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that was the issue I had with the two posts, trying to figure out what was what amongst the 2 threads and 30 or so pages. Thought it would be easier to put all the info on one post if that makes sense?

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Yep makes sense. No worries.

I edited your post with the added/ corrected info. Let me know if it makes sense?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
wheres the like HMF and FMF and the more "popular" or "mainstream" type pipes, not the ones you gotta special order (my dealers havent even heard of most of those)

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 8 2009, 10:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743987
wheres the like HMF and FMF and the more "popular" or "mainstream" type pipes, not the ones you gotta special order (my dealers havent even heard of most of those)[/b]

In the un limited pipe test (1st test) we members here on central and yfztech voted on which pipes to test, and which pipes we could test. As in 90% of the test pipes are members personal pipes that they chose to send to me at their expense. So if I pipe was not tested it was either 1: not sent in or 2: no need to test a common pipe that ALL the mag dyno any ways..... like HMF.

Mostly because if it wasn't sent in, it didn't get tested. Period. Besides people can say all they want or bash Dirt Wheels, but between Dirt Wheels and ATV Rider they cover alot of dyno pipe tests, and there is no need to dyno what has been dyno'd already.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (Terse @ Feb 8 2009, 10:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743990
In the un limited pipe test (1st test) we members here on central and yfztech voted on which pipes to test, and which pipes we could test. As in 90% of the test pipes are members personal pipes that they chose to send to me at their expense. So if I pipe was not tested it was either 1: not sent in or 2: no need to test a common pipe that ALL the mag dyno any ways..... like HMF.

Mostly because if it wasn't sent in, it didn't get tested. Period. Besides people can say all they want or bash Dirt Wheels, but between Dirt Wheels and ATV Rider they cover alot of dyno pipe tests, and there is no need to dyno what has been dyno'd already.[/b]
ah i see

i have never seen a dyno pipe test in dirt wheels, and i am not meaning to bash them cuz i love both those mags

oh well, whatevs, i was just wonderin about them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.