YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone else had to cut the metal radiator hose so the pipe would fit on their 06 yfz450?? I had to cut the rubber to instal my new temp. gauge also but I knew I was going to have to do that. I just wish when I ordered my pipe last week they would have told me about the mods required to get the pipe header to fit. I guess what I'm asking is what is the best way because now my rubber hose is way to close to the pipe and I'm sure that it will melt! I'll try to post the picture if it works...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm curious if anyone else had to cut the metal radiator hose so the pipe would fit on their 06 yfz450?? I had to cut the rubber to instal my new temp. gauge also but I knew I was going to have to do that. I just wish when I ordered my pipe last week they would have told me about the mods required to get the pipe header to fit. I guess what I'm asking is what is the best way because now my rubber hose is way to close to the pipe and I'm sure that it will melt! I'll try to post the picture if it works...

·
Super Moderator
12,065 Posts
That is normal to have to either cut that hard line or buy a new pipe that has a different bend to clear the header. I think they use the same upper pipe for the lower one to fit better. Also your temp will only read what the radiator temp is not what the motor temp is. Is that what you wanted to check the temp of?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That is normal to have to either cut that hard line or buy a new pipe that has a different bend to clear the header. I think they use the same upper pipe for the lower one to fit better. Also your temp will only read what the radiator temp is not what the motor temp is. Is that what you wanted to check the temp of?
[/b]

I have the same exact pipe and coolent temp. gauge. . . my parts are not touching hmmmmm :disgust:

when you got the pipe you installed the little metal piece that goes on the water pump cover right? it looks like you did but i cant remember what the angle looks like stock. can you manipulate the hose so it points away from the header? maybe loosen everything and twist it. might have to cut the hose some more to make more of a direct angle with no slack in the hose. . . . trying to help not sure if these ideas will though. Good luck

Terse how accurate to the engine temp is the coolent temp? i figured it would be the same since its reading the flow coming out of the engine.

JustCozz- it looks like the hose isnt mounted all the way down on the metal flange to the water pump. . . is this so? if not why isnt it? it appears you have too much slack in that hose this might help. if it is all the way down i would def. take a small amount of of an end.

·
Super Moderator
12,065 Posts
Alba: Not sure on the out going motor temp verses the out going rad temp, but if the rad is doing it's job it should be alot cooler. I have not tested this but my guess would be 20*-40* cooler out of the radiator depending on way to many varibles. I know my motor temp (left side coolant line) runs 190*-220* depending on drag racing or trail riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts