YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got pics of my KFX440. it was stock like two months ago. Walsh everything. tell me what u think. im gonna be adding more pics as i get them. anyone know why the link is undermy username??

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287998617

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That pos? j/k man. Man people, i have helped take this thing apart and it was not pretty. But i have seen these parts in person and my buddy here is going to have the sickest KFX you will ever see! Tell them what/whos motor that is.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that motor is mike walsh's pro curtis sparks 440. that motor is the fastest z440 motor and mike won the tt pro production championship with it. it has 50hp and everything is done to it. one fast motor!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks really good!! I like the color. Did you powdercoat or paint? Also, how much does walsh charge to gusset the frame?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
all i got to say is :O ......... that is the NICEST Z/KFZ ive ever seen...... color combos and selection of parts go together perfectly!!!! :rock :ihit sux u got a blue frame tho cuz :red :blah

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my frame is powdercoated candy blue. it is a two coat process. silver and then blue. it cost me 700 for gusset, powercoat, and gusset installation. they did however do alot of work to the frame. they charge 650 for everytihng. i really suggest everyone get the walsh gussets. 8) i will be runnign orange fullbore with walsh graphics like the ones on the stock z plastics. the stock z plastics i got for 100 and im using those for pratice so i can keep the fullbore nice and purty :rock

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it together, the walsh graphics are pretty nice,never seen them before.I too am curious if its powder or paint, it is very close to the color I want to powder mine. bet you cant wait to get it together and take it for a rip. Nothing like a vigin ride on new parts :lol

And for the last time, only way red is faster than blue is when its done by UPS! :nono

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol that thing is gonna be scary fast. last time i rode it was just a stock kfx400. now its basiclly all aftermarket. yes, the frame is powdercoated. it is candy blue. it is also know as transuclent blue. it looks alot better in person. 8)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ex80 - im gonna start out in novice and see how i do. ill most likely stay in nocie and go for the championship or ill move up inot higher classes. btw, im buddies with ctyfzrider - dmirra388. he lives like two mins away ill try and hit ya up on aim

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
man-that motor is a collector's item! musta cost a pretty penny. nice quad man-i love everything about it. if i werent gung ho on a yfz, i would be decking out my z a lot like yours. we have teh same tastes in parts-the best. :yfz

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
muff - yea we need to get them together fast and i might have it running tomorrow. i got pretty far today.

ill get pics tomorrow of what i did today to my quad. i went down to Walsh and spend another good amount of money, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Originally posted by WalshKFX@Jan 18 2004, 03:19 AM
muff - yea we need to get them together fast and i might have it running tomorrow. i got pretty far today.
sick man...mine will be runnin this weekend :evilgrin (the xc quad tho) give me another 2 weeks on the mx-er

·
Registered
201 Posts
my quad will be wont be running until late March. Dont know if i will be able to race it at the Pa warm up race but i will be there to watch my brother and my dad :rock :rock :rock :rock

BTW tony sick @$$ bike and good luck to you next year!

·
Registered
75 Posts
thats is an AWESOME color blue!!! i love taht color gonna look bad ass :rock the walsh a-arms are bad too

·
Registered
201 Posts
that is what i am having my frame/a-arms/and swingarm colored, That blue :rock and maybe top chrome and that bottom blue color?and a chrome swinger.

Also that is Candy apple Blue right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts