YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by daddogrider@Oct 29 2003, 12:41 AM
Does Glams really have a 96 DB pipe limit this year ??? I heard some bad rumors about that.
I've heard that as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, you'll be fine. I'll let you know next week - we're headed out on Saturday. I don't expect any problems and (2) of the (3) machines I'm bringing I'm certain don't meet 96db.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a curtis sparks pipe( as in my sig) and I drove right past the ranger station about fifty times and no one ever stopped me. They were more interested in passes and making sure that each vehicle had one and they did check everyone and I mean everyone.I think If you are acting dumb and racing around camp sites or riding without a flag or starting it up at 1pm and reving the hell out of it then they will check you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by WOOD-RUNNER@Oct 29 2003, 10:42 AM
never rode on sand. is it all that great. Not trying to be a smart kid. :re
I didn't/don't really like riding sand on my dirtbike. Then my wife got a YFZ and I tried it. I had one (2) weeks later.

Let's put it another way...

Prior to getting my YFZ, I was on a track somewhere at least twice per week. Once I got the YFZ, I've been on a track once maybe two times total. I'm in the sand the rest of the time.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
man 1 year, 26 days, 7 hours, and 44 minutes until i get my permit. you can bet your booty im gonna be heading to glamis the DAY i get my permit!!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Originally posted by Sick4Fitty@Oct 30 2003, 07:19 PM
i'ma go there one week.....when is the best time to go? i'm all the way in Florida. I have wanted to go there so bad it looks like a lot of Fun! :O
COME AROUND PRESIDENTS WEEKEND for a week. that is the last big weekend and you will see awesome things there, we will be there and we can ride together. If you have someone to show you around you won't waste days and days finding the good stuff.
for the first few years we always found the best riding areas the day we were leaving.

The weekend before presidents until the weekend itself would be best, the sand won't be torn up yet for a few days before, then during you will see everything imaginable tear up the sand. The weather is the very best then and the bugs aren't out yet. Make sure you come on a full moon weekend, that is the most fun for night riding.

You have to come once in your lifetime, so why not this year and get it over with? Then you can come every year. Best glamis tires for 450 are scat trak extreme haulers 8 paddles 8x12x21 with douglas 190 rims and baldies on front you can buy them at rocky mountain atv cheap. Then a tent and a trailer and you are all set.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Originally posted by WOOD-RUNNER@Oct 29 2003, 04:42 PM
never rode on sand. is it all that great. Not trying to be a smart kid. :re
Sand is nothing more than a giant track 5 miles wide by 5 miles long

the difference is like cross country skiing on a trail, vs downhill where you can go anywhere.

And you can go WOT for long periods of time.

check out the giant sand bowl videos here.
(click on the ones that have BOWL in the title.

www.eskimo.com/~daddog/videos/

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by daddogrider+Nov 5 2003, 04:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (daddogrider @ Nov 5 2003, 04:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sick4Fitty@Oct 30 2003, 07:19 PM
i'ma go there one week.....when is the best time to go? i'm all the way in Florida. I have wanted to go there so bad it looks like a lot of Fun! :O
COME AROUND PRESIDENTS WEEKEND for a week. that is the last big weekend and you will see awesome things there, we will be there and we can ride together. If you have someone to show you around you won't waste days and days finding the good stuff.
for the first few years we always found the best riding areas the day we were leaving.

The weekend before presidents until the weekend itself would be best, the sand won't be torn up yet for a few days before, then during you will see everything imaginable tear up the sand. The weather is the very best then and the bugs aren't out yet. Make sure you come on a full moon weekend, that is the most fun for night riding.

You have to come once in your lifetime, so why not this year and get it over with? Then you can come every year. Best glamis tires for 450 are scat trak extreme haulers 8 paddles 8x12x21 with douglas 190 rims and baldies on front you can buy them at rocky mountain atv cheap. Then a tent and a trailer and you are all set. [/b][/quote]
Hey daddogrider....i really want to get out tere and soon. Ive been to pismo and i know my truck cant hang in there. Seems like everyone needs a 4x4. But all i have is an '85 toyota pickup. with enough room in the back to haul my one and only YFZ. :D
As soon as i get those paddles, i wanna head up there. U think we could maybe meet up somewhere and go up together. And will my truck be fine at glamis? I really want to get out there, its just finding the ppl to do it with is the the real pain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts