YFZ Central banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello Phillybuilt,

Wow that is very cool. I am sold. I am just curious how u adjusted your clutch, do u mean you left a little end play to make sure the clutch is fully engaged?

Thank you,
jody
I loosened the cable adjuster until it bottoms out, and you can take the cable out of the adjuster with max slack. When you put the new arm on, put the cable on it before you put the arm on the machine, then put the cable back in the adjuster on the lever, and tighten it until you can move the cable end back and forth maybe 1/8" or so... Somewhere in that ballpark. You want to be able to pull it into neutral easily, and also fully disengage. You have to feel that out. There is still plenty of adjustment leftover with this arm in place. No need to worry about engagement/disengagement issues at all if you can set it up correctly.

·
Registered
519 Posts
ok are you turning the clutch arm post to remove all the extra slack that was in there before? it was the extra slack the clutch arm spring was using?

·
Registered
286 Posts
ok are you turning the clutch arm post to remove all the extra slack that was in there before? it was the extra slack the clutch arm spring was using?
You might have to move it around to slide the arm on but it will go back on the same way. There are marks to orient the arm to the shaft. It still goes on the same direction the stock one does, if that's what you're asking. Really really really simple job. If you don't plan on ever re-using the stock arm, don't worry about hurting the C-clip. With angled C-clip pliers and a 5mm Allen wrench you will really be done with this job in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Update, for what it's worth, when I installed my PEP arm I noticed my cable had 2 strands frayed off the clutch cable. After installing a new OEM cable, and greasing it with some silicone lubricant, it feels even easier to pull than before. Almost identical effort to my TRX450R which has a $130 RSC lever.

Can't go wrong for $27. Couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Update, for what it's worth, when I installed my PEP arm I noticed my cable had 2 strands frayed off the clutch cable. After installing a new OEM cable, and greasing it with some silicone lubricant, it feels even easier to pull than before. Almost identical effort to my TRX450R which has a $130 RSC lever.

Can't go wrong for $27. Couldn't be happier with it.
If you mod the lever it's even better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
When I do that And tighten the cable it’s way away from the case saver, almost halfway pulled . I’ll get some pics tonight. I think I have to take the case saver off and not line the dots up then adjust it to get the proper throw/pull of the arm.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts