YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the PEP easy pull clutch thing and installed it today, but while installing it I ran in to something that I was a little curious about.

There is a return spring that pushes against the arm, well while installing this new arm I removed that spring and found that even with out this external spring the clutch will sping back once the cluth lever is released which is either caused buy the springs in the clutch or an internal return spring, my question is why have the external spring at all, it causes a stiffer clutch pull and increases arm fatigue, do you need that spring, and is anyone running without it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes, you need that spring, the spring pressure you are feeling, are the springs inside the clutch, that keep it from slipping.

The return spring keeps the plunger form continously riding against the pressure plate.

The clutch will not explode immediately without that spring, but having it will help your clutch plates and throwout mechanism last longer.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
yeah... i am curious to se what kind of difference they make... i just ordered 10 of them in for stock... should be here nay day if anyone needs one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tell you the truth is doesn't seem to make a huge difference, the new arm is not that much longer, maybe 1/8 of an inch. the real test will be on the track,anything to help with arm pump. I will let you know how it is after this weekend.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I left out the spring to, it didn't want to go back on.
No probs yet that was about 2 months ago, maybe 50/hrs riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts