YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have one of these on their yfz? does it help make the backend sit lower? thanks :yfz

·
Registered
141 Posts
the PEP roller relocator does not drop the bike at all. It merely allows the suspension to compress a little further if you are running it soft on big jumps etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you think it would be a good bolt on for xc racing? i run my rear shock full soft. our races have very few jumps,but the tracks get wooped out in the field section.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Yes because the stock roller location is too low, and the PEP relocator will stop the chain from eating its way through the roller. I would buy the relocator, instead of replacing my roller all the time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
just dont get one and youll soon realize you need it.. i ate my roller up in like hard mx rides.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Call PEP direct. I would get one of these or you may snap your chain. I have seen this happen.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wish I had one!! I will tommorrow!! I noticed last night while replacing my axle that the roller was gone!! I took the one off my 400EX and installed it. It lasted about 300 yards on the MX course. We started on a MX course before we went into the woods. My chain bent my bolt and the bolt started wearing my chain. I DNF's because I didn't want this to break my chain and possibly get my case!! This is one important mod to have!

Fred J.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
What if you remove the roller altogether? I'm assuming the roller's job is to keep the chain from grinding into any part of the chassis when the suspension is fully compressed. Looks like there's a lot of clearance down there to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wondering the same thing :O

·
Registered
812 Posts
I put the roller relocator on mine after I chewed my stock one up. I have only gone to the dunes once since I got it and the chain didn't even touch it. No hard jumping. This weekend I'm going to Mesquite, NV to a track there and I'm sure it will get some action there. I'm going to say yes, it's worth it because if you don't buy it, then the stock one will just get chewed up and you'll end up ruining your chain.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know... i have some of them on the way... they should be here tomorrow... i ordered 10 and already sold a few...they are going fast.... but dont worry ill be ordering more in for stock. they are $22.95

1 - 20 of 25 Posts