YFZ Central banner

PCV Auto tune maps

2K views 39 replies 5 participants last post by  Nolifesigns 
#1 ·
Hi guys
I searched through the forum a little before posting this but truthfully i just need to ask.
I'm just wondering if anyone in the UK has a PCV map that has been tweaked with auto tune that i could try in my bike??
Most of the standard maps off the website i try are a bit poor leaving the bike spluttering or bogging on throttle.
My bike is running a full Doma exhaust system, AIS delete, 38 Motorsport oil breather, standard air pipe with a highflo air filter and a vertex size b standard bore piston.

Bike is 2018 with 20 hours

Everyone is going to say buy a vortex i know that but i don't have the cash for 1 just right now so im working with what i have.
THANKS

#2 ·
If you have an autotune any map will be a basic beginning base. Any basic exhaust, no lid and aftermarket filter map should be a decent start. it is worth noting that a PCV dyno-tuned vs auto-tuned produce a different fuel slope. The dyno maps always look fatter on the bottom due to what appears to be that the pulls are done at hard throttle, not a gradually sustained throttle. Love my PCV and would only change if the Vortex came with an auto tuner like I am used to. Been using the PCV for years with little to no issues on multiple bikes with multiple different parts and tunes for each location i ride at regularly.

#3 ·
Thanks for you're reply.
I don't have auto tune unfortunately and i don.t have a dyno close by. I have tweaked a map and my bike feels quite good with a nice colour plug, I just feel i could get more out of it before i start with ignition timing

#4 ·
The autotune is very helpful and worth getting if you want peace of mind. The ignition values did help a ton and smoothed out the throttle a bit. Also, every ignition tune I have seen looks just like the one I use below. I have seen only slight differences if any between most I have looked at.

#15 ·
Can u explain a little more about what u mean here with falling on its face because I have a pc5 and just last week set the accel pump and it made my bike run amazing except when I took it to the track yesterday when I would hit a jump and land it would try to die unless I was in the throttle real hard? Could that be the reason? Btw I am super happy I got the pc5 I love it everyone was like get a vortex its the only way blah blah blah... I love all the features this thing has and with a little reading I figured it all out pretty quick

#13 ·
I hear you, I was worried when I did it the 1st time but it was totally worth it. Sometimes you see used headers on eBay for fair. see if your stock header fits in your aftermarket pipe, although it might not be 100% correct it would still be pretty close.

#33 ·
Not likely, it does help smooth the throttle out. if anything, get an autotune and wait for a used PCV ign version to appear on facebook or eBay. Seen a few go for less than $100. Most people either figure out how to tune the bike or try another route like the vortex. Anything that is tuned right will make the bike run better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.