YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got my PC 5installed and everything works EXCEPT my TPS reading. Everything is plugged in. Problem is, the only time I get a tps reading is right after I key it on and the fuel pump is running. During this time I can move the throttle and it reads fine. As soon as the pump shuts off I instantly lose TPS signal. If I start it it automatically reads 100% throttle. Has anyone had any related problems? I just removed and reinstalled the softwarem and restarted. I am going to try it again to see if it works......

·
Registered
58 Posts
How are you getting readings from anything?I understand you installed the PC5 but did tou also install the optional LCD unit that gives read outs?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what optional LCD it is built into the software? I am getting readouts from everything else and I can succesfully upload a map as well.......

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep. I know the PC 5 power up when you hook the PC up to it so you can upload a map, but the problem is when I turn on the key it power up the ECM and after about 3 seconds It shts back down, therefore I cannot calibrate the TPS without it running. I guess I have to start it up and whack it wide open to calibrate the TPS. On the power commander 3 there was a port where you could hook up a 9V battery to power it up with the machine off. on the 5 there isnt one... How did you guys calibrate your TPS?????

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a way to power up the ECM for more than 3 seconds without the equad running?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does yours have a hesitation (bog) when you whack it from an idle?

·
Registered
443 Posts
the GYTR part number on the yamahe website, is this the PC5 or PC3??
im not sure which one im getting?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The gytr part number is for the pc3 not the 5. I have the gytr one and couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
443 Posts
ok i gotcha, thats the one i ordered as well.
so what is the main differences between the two, on the pc 5 you can load/change maps, can you do this on the 3?

·
Registered
443 Posts
QUOTE (swoyekr @ Mar 2 2009, 08:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753163
you're looking for the 5, you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere than the yamaha website.[/b]

well i ordered it thru a sponsor, i just gave him the yamaha/gytr part number off the site.. i got it for a little over 300.00

1 - 15 of 15 Posts