YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I need your help. I'm taking my yfz to glamis for the first time and I need to buy paddles. I'm not going out there to drag race all day, I'm going to ride. what paddles do you recommend and why? I want to be able to hook and go but I would also like to be able to turn. :lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
8 paddle scat track edges 21x11x10 on douglas 190 rims on back
11x7 baldies on douglas rims on front. Good setup for jumping and turning

replacing these tires instead of your stock tires will take off about 25 pounds on your quad. and they are the fastest combination for sand.

get them buffed or double buffed if you can for even less weight.
to turn, pump air to 5 punds.

to drag air them down to 2.5 pounds

·
Registered
77 Posts
The new Kendas work VERY well. They are just a little heavier than other sand tires, but do everything great. Just watch the tire for rotation on the beads with air under 5 psi. Hooks like a bear 1st...2nd...3rd.... in the air without touching down between shifts with ass back over pegs. Croch on back of tank for avarage, save strong launches. If below 5 psi, look at beadlocks, or the street car screw in the rim trick. :lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
8 paddle skat trak haulers. 20x10 - 8. They dig well and are light weight. Others handle better, but I prefer the speed over handling. If you want a good paddle that handles well, the ITP Sandstar is an excellent choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts