YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a set of paddles....but I have no clue which ones to go with. I've been researching the difference between straight paddle and V paddle, seems like V-paddles would be the one suited for me the best. My riding condition are mainly on sandy trails and around the local beach/dunes, so therefore I will be duning more than dragging. Yesterday was my first experience on a set of paddles. I rode a LTR450 with set of Sand Devils (straight paddle), they hooked like no other but all they wanted to do is go straight. It was rather difficult to turn with them, which is why i'm looking in to V-paddles.

I am on a fairly cheap budget and last night I found a set of 20x11x8 AMS Sidewinders with 8" Douglas .125 rims for $165 shipped to my door step from RMATV. How are the AMS Sidewinders? What would be a good wheel size....8, 9 or 10?
I also found a set of STI Sand Trax 20x11x10 on a set of 10x8 Sport Cast wheels shipped to my door for $185 from Chaparral Racing.com. So what do you guys think about the STI Sand trax?

Oh yeah they are going on my Banshee, it is pretty much stock besides a set of FMF Fatties and a Pro Design Manifold System (less the crap bottle).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why not post this on the Banshee forum? Although if you do I think they might give you some crap about the V blades.

I know on my stock/piped YFZ I went with 7 blade skat trak haulers on 10" wheels. The fewer the blades the easier it is to turn if your on the throttle. The larger the wheel diameter the less sidewall flex you get and easier it is to turn as well. A shorter wheel will give a larger sidewall that will will help you launch a little easier. Its a give & take between turning and going straight.

When I went looking for paddles I wanted 6 or 7 blade on 9" or 10" wheels. Too many paddles will make it harder to turn, harder to launch, bog on the launch, and hurt you on the top speed due to drag. There are 5 sets of paddles in my garage right now. 2 pairs are V-blades and both guys who own the V blades have bought straight paddles and dont use their V-blades any more. I have a set of V-blades I run when I'm going somewhere that has alot of trash/rocks/etc in the sand that will tear tires up. Else I'm all about the straight bladed paddles. In my opinion ALOT of bikes out there have too many paddles.

my $.02

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have posted this on the banshee forum. Since I'm apart of different variety of forums, I figured it would be good to get different opinions and views. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i like my AMS Aeospeed's, there a V paddle but dont ahave a specific side like the Sand Stars for example. They hook up really good and were awesome when i dragged a KFX with Sand Stars. Awesome tires in my opinion, diffinitely reccomend them.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (04yfz450lsr @ Apr 4 2009, 10:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=766204
skat trak or sandstars, DONT get ams aerospeeds, they suck[/b]
screw you man lol

They hook up better then sand stars. Were the version that you saw or used, the 8 paddle or 10?

·
Registered
260 Posts
i was just messin with you yfzer, they do just fine, i just like my skat traks better, and they were 8's

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i think that V-paddles are a waste of money. straight paddles hook up alot better and barely affect turning in my experiences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts