YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edgerat you have oversize bars on your YFZ right? What mounting kit did you use? Ive got a set of T2s off my 400ex but i had an aftermarket stem on it...Thanks :yfz

·
Registered
625 Posts
I used the Honda taper mounts off of my Laeger Pro-Trax stem on my R. It bolted right up. They are just generic Honda mounts. What kind of stem did you take them off of? Did it have two studs that went through the top of the stem on either side and then bolted on the bottom? If that is the case you have to take the bar mounts themselves off of the stem mounts and then they will bolt up just fine. If not let me know what you have and I can try and help.
Isaac

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEah i have the same kind as you, but arent the studs too long for the stock stem or did you just space it out?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I re-read my post and I thought a pic would be easier to explain. In chucks pic of the clamps you can see the hole in the bottom half of the bar clamp where the bolts are that bolt to the steering stem. I was able to use the same bolts that were used on my pro-trax stem. All I did was take the stem mounts off and then the bar mounts bolted right up. :sup
Isaac

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks alot, my YFZ should be here by monday, got some parts sitting in the garage waiting to be put on, and many more on the way..ill get some pics on here when i get her, i cant wait...

I was wanting to race at southwick on it, but im not sure if there will be shocks available by then...

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
MagicRacing.com has a universal kit for oversized bars.

The kit consists of the Pro-Taper universal bar mounts, Renthal Fat bars in what ever bend you want, and a Bar pad. I called and placed my order so I could specify color of bars, and color of bar pad.

The total price was 119.00. That was the cheapest I could find for a quality set. Plus they sell grips for an extra $10 bucks.

Not a bad deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts