AND I WANTED TO KNOW WHO MADE A GOOD QUALITY
CLAMP KIT/ADAPTER FOR THESE OVERSIZED BARS
I THOUGHT APPLIED MADE THEM
WELL POST YOUR INFO/LINKS/PRICES AND TIPS
THANKS

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
When I first went to over sized bars, I bought the Pro-taper clamp kit from www.magicracing.com . They also sell that kit with Renthal Fat bars, and a bar pad for 129.00 which is a pretty good deal. Not sure if your committed to Tag bars, but with my Renthals I have bent 2 steering stems (1 was an LSR one) and my bars have lasted with out failure.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You could buy the Tag T2 bars and Clamp in one kit for $229. T2s look good but that's a little pricey I think. If your heart is set on T2 bars get the Trailtech YFZ450 logo clamp for $74.95 add the T2 bars for $79 and you get a nice looking setup plus save a little money.

I think the Trailtech clamp looks really good. Even if there is some blue in it...

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Or... I just remembered about this... if money isn't an issue... The best fat bar clamp... bar none: GPR Clamp/Stabilizer

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have the Trailtech bars and clamp and the clamp looks sweet and works well, plus they are an awesome company to work with. Their customer service is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Amergin i think someone needs to buy those bars and see what they can take (as in abuse). hell maybe the Fasst Company could spare one for Project Thunder. so the site could test them out for us and give us true feedback besides a sales pitch. i mean hell if they're as good as they say they are then i'll be game to buy one.

but i did think this was alittle funny about their site:

they stated this about their product (the Flexx Bars). "Many people have been asking us why we don't have a factory team, or big name rider running our Flexx Handlebar System. We decided to focus our attention on our customers. What would you rather do, have a high paid factory rider tell you how good they are, or try them for your self and develop your own opinion?"

then they stated this about another product of their's (Bar Inserts). "Used by these Pros
Used by Team Factory Connection/Amsoil’s Mike LaRocco, Branden Jessemean and Steve Boniface, Team Husqvarna’s Steve Lamson, Chris Gosselaar, Team Torco/Fasst’s Robbie Skaggs and Kevin Townsend, Moto XXX’s Kyle Lewis and Mike Brandes, Danny Smith, Brock Sellards, Bill’s Pipes Suzuki, Team IMS Pro Series, Mike Healy, Spud Walters, Destry Abbott, Ryan Morias, Danny Carlson, Gene Stull, Daton Beavers, Shane Bess, Levi Reid, Dan Richardson, Pedro Gonzalez, Davi Millsaps and many others."

so they do have a team with two riders, so why are they not using these bars? and "We decided to focus our attention on our customers." give me a break! if they could double their profit buy getting one or two pros saying that they (the bars) were "awsome", then i would bet money on the fact that they would do it. instead their riders don't use their bars, now that makes me starch my head and wounder WHY?

josh

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
ncdak, sharp inquisitive mind you have there. Now go buy those bars and get the answers for us all...

Yes it does appear that FASST has made a false statement. In their own words FASST apparently does sponsor at least two riders.

"Many people have been asking us why we don't have a factory team, or big name rider running our Flexx Handlebar System. We decided to focus our attention on our customers. What would you rather do, have a high paid factory rider tell you how good they are, or try them for your self and develop your own opinion?"

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
:lol hahaha nice try. there's something else i noticed. most of the constuction of those bars are of two thing metal and PLASTIC. i don't know about you but if a decent roll over will bend the hell out of TAG bars. what do you think will happen to a set of bars with most of the constuction being plastic? i think there would be lots of little peices and alot of super glue involved.

enough about that, though. on the topic of them only having two riders it's FASST, i mean false. they have a minimal of four riders that's sponsored by this company. i was on a site that makes posters for the pro riders. and on that site (i'll try to track it down again) there were two other riders that were not in the list of riders on their (FASST) site. these riders had FASST all over their posters as for being their main sponsor.

i will be giving this company a call to get truth to their website.

i'll ask FASST to give me a set of bars for either 1/2 off or free for testing, but if that doesn't work.....
Amergin you first (on buying the bars).

josh :yfz

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
There is no plastic on the FASST bars. I've seen them in person at Alba, other then the bushing there is not one plastic part. In fact I just got back today from Alba and looked at them again. The area that looks like plastic is actually aluminum. The bars are very solid looking once in hand.

I thought long and hard but eventually went with the TAG T2 setup. I just can't see $300 for bars with out a clamp. I can't imagian that those bushings will help that much.

At any rate I was going to buy the TAG T2s with clamp and spider grips for but I got them for free instead... YES FREEEEEEEEEEEEE.... :lol Today Alba earned a lifetime customer. If I'm buying local I will shop at Alba from now on. After sales customer service is incredible and second to none.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts