YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In july, a group of my friends and i are makin the trip to Coos Bay and we are stayin at the Horsfall camp ground! if anyone else is goin during July let me know and we'll meet up. i would like to meet up with some people that know the area, just to be on the safe side!

how is the riding in that area in july? i've ever been there, any waypoint i should know about? thanks

Curt

·
Registered
54 Posts
i was there yesterday!!
and last weekend
awesome hills w/ perfect lips to grab big time air!!, while your there you might as well go to florence and whinchestor bay it is worth your time to check them out they are all within 45-60 mins of each other.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will take your advice, i'll run the idea buy the other guys i'm goin with. we just want to have a wicked time riding. thanks man!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by 2000racing@Mar 1 2004, 08:20 PM
Wont it be too hot in july?
There is the onshore breeze that keeps you cool.......its not too hot at all. We were there in august one time,,,,,,,had to wear sweatshirts all the time

·
Registered
812 Posts
I was there at the end of last June and we wore sweat shirts every day and it got cold in the evening, especially if the breeze was coming off the ocean. Make sure you have good goggles because it can get pretty windy there too. Fun dunes though. Our last day we were able to just wear T-shirts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this trip is goin to be sooo sweet

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are comimg from Vancouver Island, BC. should take us about a day to get there.
I have never even seen a sand dune! time to pop the dunning cherry!
1 whole week of dunning. should be freekin wicked

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you go to Florence, take the exit Just south of Florence "South Jetty" There is some great riding in the day use park and farther down the road. If you guys are going to be there post when and we would be happy to ride with you. I am planning a trip to Coos also but have not been in 10 years so I would be of no use. Winchester is great also. I prefer Florence and Winchester.

·
Registered
474 Posts
We'll be there sometime over the summer. don't know when. Girlfriends got a family reunion up there. so we're using it as an excuse to take our bikes. I'll let you know as the time gets closer

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pimp, i wouldn't mind meeting up with a bunch of you guy down there. i couldn't make it down when all the other guys where meeting up at pismo and glamis so this is great!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I go to the dunes there a lot (live 1 hr 15mins away). During the summer it does get really hot. Just make sure that you have water back at the truck or whatever it may be. Do not forget you goggles! Someone in my group always forgets their goggles......just don't do it. You will be very sorry. The dunes are very awesome if you are prepared, hope you have fun! Oh and watch out for other people.... there are a lot of stupid people that ignore the obvious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts