YFZ Central banner

One More Chassis Rebuild To Add To The List

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  n.e.r.d 
#1 ·
I still need to get my Black inserts for my hand guards and the chain slider on my swing arm, but this is close enough to post it up.

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks nice man. I really like that orange.

EDIT: I never realized that the Lakers had short radiator shrouds like that.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, it takes a long time to get these bikes back together when you work 10+ hours a day 7 days a week. And those are a cut Fullbore, and I did a little modding to the lower mounting bracket to hopefully clear the Gibson a arms, but upon final inspection last night I think I might still have to trim them a bit.

#6 ·
QUOTE (ohsobad_chevy @ Mar 10 2009, 08:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=756026
Looks real good man!! What is the orange color called?[/b]

It's a bit of a custom blend, but the main ingredients are a sparkle base, Kandy Copper, and a sparkle clear to finish it off. There are some colors mostly yellows and golds mixed in with the base and Kandy coat. I wanted it to be a little more reddish and not quite so brown/orange but overall I got the one off look I was going for.

#8 ·
QUOTE (Oregon450Duner @ Mar 10 2009, 08:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=756025
those are a cut Fullbore, and I did a little modding to the lower mounting bracket to hopefully clear the Gibson a arms, but upon final inspection last night I think I might still have to trim them a bit.[/b]
Oh my bad. Shows how much I know about aftermarket plastics :mhihi: ...nonetheless the quad looks good man.

Those shocks look like they perform well also.. :clap:

#14 ·
dude insane looking yfz. sick.

#16 ·
i guess its okaay.... could be tons better =P

#18 ·
i was being sarcastic to clear things up. i dont want anyone to get mad at me =|

nice lookin IMO

#22 ·
QUOTE (Transplanted @ Mar 11 2009, 07:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=756445
Very nice color man! Nice job mounting the overflow bottle up there. Did you have to weld some tabs to screw into? Also, does it splash around and leak much up there? And what happen to the frame mounts for the nose piece area on the plastics?

Great job, awesome looking bike![/b]

Yeah I took some of the tabs that I cut off of other parts of the quad and cut/ground them into the size and shape I needed and then welded them back onto the frame under the hood for the ressi. I'm surprised you even noticed it. I doubt I'll have any issues with it. And the other tabs under the hood I just cut off and ground out smooth because I think they look silly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.