YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i wanted to know which would be the best setup for the fron end ..i was looking at duncans kit ..its called the lobo2 from rolldesign with elka shocks...sweeetttttttttt....mucho diner(alot of money) ..i was wonder what else would be a good setup because ima big guy and i need something thats gonna last foreva ...peace thanxs.. 8|

·
Registered
122 Posts
For cc I'd stay with stock everything and get a deresi revalve job. The last thing you want is a wider quad in the woods. Its also $1500 cheaper, but, whatever... :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by M3zy6@Jan 7 2004, 08:15 AM
For cc I'd stay with stock everything and get a deresi revalve job. The last thing you want is a wider quad in the woods. Its also $1500 cheaper, but, whatever... :)
im with m3zy6. you may squeeze by with +1s but that depends on if you are racing GNCC type courses with that width. if not then keep stock arms and get the revalve job by derisi or PEP. thats just my .02

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]@Jan 6 2004, 07:12 PM
Houser/Elka is a great setup for alot less money!
i agree, i ran that setup last year and was happy, im going with a houser/axis set up this year, i wanted to give axis a try.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Arens will have an new CC arm out for the YFZ soon. Should be really nice. It will be offered in Standard or LT shock. I would get Elka's or Axis. If Santo had his shocks out those things would be killer for CC.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i think most of you guys are looking past the fact the aot of the GNCC tracks anymore arent the traditional XC style courses. Most of the pro quads base off of a 47" setup. Lastyear my EX was set at 47" and i fit through everyspot on a GNCC course, or even all the local races. Im actually running LSRs +2 a-arms on my YFZ, then going with the Hyper 4-1 offset wheels, to give me the desired 47". THe LSR a-arms seem to be a great product, and we have yet to have a problem with them!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by Extremeracer167@Jan 15 2004, 12:26 PM
i think most of you guys are looking past the fact the aot of the GNCC tracks anymore arent the traditional XC style courses.  Most of the pro quads base off of a 47" setup.  Lastyear my EX was set at 47" and i fit through everyspot on a GNCC course, or even all the local races.  Im actually running LSRs +2 a-arms on my YFZ, then going with the Hyper 4-1 offset wheels, to give me the desired 47".  THe LSR a-arms seem to be a great product, and we have yet to have a problem with them!
Don't come race any Mid-South Harescrambles with that set-up 8|

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1+Jan 15 2004, 10:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cjpoole1 @ Jan 15 2004, 10:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Extremeracer167@Jan 15 2004, 12:26 PM
i think most of you guys are looking past the fact the aot of the GNCC tracks anymore arent the traditional XC style courses.  Most of the pro quads base off of a 47" setup.  Lastyear my EX was set at 47" and i fit through everyspot on a GNCC course, or even all the local races.  Im actually running LSRs +2 a-arms on my YFZ, then going with the Hyper 4-1 offset wheels, to give me the desired 47".  THe LSR a-arms seem to be a great product, and we have yet to have a problem with them!
Don't come race any Mid-South Harescrambles with that set-up 8| [/b][/quote]
No doubt. I've had problems getting around on my stock-width 400ex in the Mid South series...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Originally posted by Extremeracer167+Jan 15 2004, 07:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Extremeracer167 @ Jan 15 2004, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--cjpoole1@Jan 15 2004, 10:38 AM
Don't come race any Mid-South  Harescrambles with that set-up 8|
wasnt plannin on it ;) [/b][/quote]
Thats because your scared! ;)

My quad is 45" and I wouldn't dare go any wider than that for GNCC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts