YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok of course i want to get the yfz but im a big buy about 280 pounds and i was wandering if anyuone had anyproblems with frames cracking because if so the i might have to do something asbout it thanxs.......

·
Registered
318 Posts
u might be just a lil big for the yfz, it just depends on what type of riding u do

---------------------
yfz 450
mods :O
hmf f/s pc'd blue
pep zps fronts
lsr lt dc a-arms
RPM axle
CAM MOD

·
Registered
983 Posts
i am 280 and over and the quad is just fine. granted, i havent jumped 60 footers but i dont intend to either. the quad shows no signs of fatigue or frame cracking.
dont worry and get it. its fine

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by seatec@Dec 24 2003, 07:32 PM
i am 280 and over
:O " NOTE to self.......dont mess with Seatec :nono
:lol

:yfz

·
Registered
983 Posts
Don't worry. im very passive as long as i am fed. :lol
being 6'4" and 280 has its advantages but not always :re

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i weight in at 270 and havent had any problems, but yet again i dont run mx the only air i have gotten on my yfz is about 4-6 feet and i have not had any problems with that

·
Registered
500 Posts
I go about 250 with gear on AND race MX. granted biggest air I catch is about 60 feet, 10-15 feet high, but no problems.....aftermarket suspension is a beautiful thing....... :lol

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
6'-3", 290lbs here. The YFZ is my wifes, but the riding I have done on it tells me it is just fine. It feels very comfortable and solid. Best of all, us big guys can fling this thing around, it feels like a toy underneath ya. A toy that huals A$$.

"If you have the means,I highly recommend picking one up." 8)

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
5 ft 1 98 pounds here....... dnt hav one to crack the frame :lol but ill be jumping 10-20 ft in the air when i do get one and ill let u know...... gimme a few months tho :lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
just get some after market suspension or even better get the whole front end and get the shocks for the big dawgs like get it set to 300lbs and ull be perfect :lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
6' 250lbs and it doesn't even know I'm there. I was reading the owners manual and it says the bike is overloaded by 30 lbs with just me on it! FTOM and have some fun!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I noticed that 220lb "limit" in the manual too. Makes about as much sense as not letting my 15 year old daughter ride the Blaster because she doesn't meet the "approved" age limits.

Bottom line... it all depends on the sort of riding you do. I know I'm not going to let my 250lbs stop me from RIDING mine!! :lol :D :lol :D :lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts