YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am geting a white yfz and im getting it with a pipe but i dont know ...i want to get the hmf pipe but in red colored i....but im worried that it will fade or chip ...please inform me thanxs,,, :angry :angry

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
a couple of buddies of mine have blue pipes and they put them on in july. they still look great it held up to our cold ohio conditions

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had a red powdercoated HMF on my z400 for almost a year now and it is holding up great, HMf makes a very good product, as well as being very good people to deal with as soon as I get my yfz that will be the company of my choice for my pipe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Talked to several at Dumont Dunes that were running HMF's and they loved them.

They look good. The consensious was they had better low end with the silencer installed, like most pipes do.

HMF was mentioning something about a dedicated YFZ450 pipe being introduced any week now.

Certainly worth a look, eveybody loves them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i got a blue one, and its been good for 5 months, and if the pc'd fades they have a 1 year warrenty on it i think, correct if wrong

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does anyone have experience with pro-circuit? There is a new YFZ at the dealership I was looking at and they already put on a PC pipe. any thoughts? thanks mike r. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a titanium-4 procircuit full exhaust and am very pleased with it. It was way to expensive, but well worth the massive weight savings over stock, and even over aftermarket aluminum exhausts. The power gain was nothing short of incredible. I have no idea what I gained, but it was fricken nuts. If you get 2-3 horsepower by just taking the baffle out, then you probably get 8-10 horsepower with the procircuit. I am extremely impressed with it, and have nothing but good things to say about it. ITS SOOOO LITE!! And, another positive thing, being that its titanium, you dont have to worry about polishing it up, and the titanium color looks really good on the blue plastic/ grey frame 450.
The one your talking about is most likely the t-4 which is aluminum, and I am sure looks fine on the white/red. I am pretty sure that is offers the same horsepower gains as the ti-4.
Good luck! Sounds like you cant go wrong with the HMF exhaust system either, sounds like a real good unit

·
Registered
453 Posts
man i went with dr d just to be different. my buddy has an hmf and i think the power is bout the same we run side by side all the way through the gears. we both agree and i think the dr d sounds better but thats just my opinion and i knw thats not one of your choices but just thought youd want my input :yfz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts