YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what kind of oil everybody was using in their yfz, thanks.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I used Yamalube for the first change cause I read somewhere to use the same oil while the motor was breaking in. I'll probably use something better for future changes.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Originally posted by RPyfz450@Sep 4 2003, 10:26 AM
If I don't get to a Yamaha dealer soon, I may be forced to use Kawasaki oil. I'd feel like atraitor, but I'm sure Kawi thumper oil is just as qualified as the Yamalube 4 is.
got same issue. iused GN4 from honda because i had a case of it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just use the yamalube that the manual reccomends ($2.00 a quart), and change 2-3 times as often. It's not like the oil wears out, it just gets contaminated with clutch particles and gearbox wear particles. I change about every 3-4 thanks of fuel.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm using ymalube 4r 10W50 in mine. It's a synthetic blend, A fully synthetic oil might cause clutch slippage. I also change every other ride. :woo

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am doing my first change today w/ Valvoline 10W40 ATV oil. It is basically the same as any ATV manufacturers brand oil. After this next change, I will be swiching to either Golden Spectro Semi-Syn, Belray semi-syn, or the Yam 4r semi-syn. It's good to break in the motor on pure dyno oil for a good 10-20 hours before going to any synthetic, semi or full.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts