YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one heard of se7en racing. They make some pretty nice stuff i just installed one of there oil tanks. it did drop the oil temp alot (it has tubes through it) and holds alot more oil if you want to see pics of it they sell them on ebay just goto search and type in yfz450 and look for it the price is about 100.00

·
Registered
503 Posts
downfall that most won't end up using this product since it is so large you CANNOT use aftermarket nerf bars.

i'll pass

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys~ just wanted to give a heads up that we have redesigned our oil tanks to allow for the installation of nerfs. The first lot of the oil tanks that we made were too big to allow the crossbars to go through the frame so... we had to go back to the drawing board! No worries though, our kick a*s fabricators, modified our tanks and the jig to accomodate most aftermarket nerfs and we have had great success! They work perfectly with AC Pro-pegs and many others!
Like all our tanks, they are priced "reasonably" (not like some other larger oil tank companies) and they sell out quickly.
The few that we have listed on ebay for the $120 price is for the first lot that doesn't allow the nerfs. Our new design that allows for nerfs will be selling for around $150.
We are not trying to advertise here or anything just didn't want anyone to think that we make crappy products that don't have racers in mind!
Good luck on whatever products you choose to buy and remember YFZCENTRAL.COM rocks! :rock

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have not heard of S7 racing ,but i seen he posted. Im not bashing s7 racing. But CFM performance has been great with their products. They have a great reputation and real friendly service. They have been in this industry for a while. But what ever choice you make it will make a difference

·
Registered
120 Posts
OutlawEX, we totally agree with you. CFM is a great company and before we started making parts, we ran Neal's stuff as well. Neal is a geat guy but we wanted to start venting our tanks and the tanks he runs aren't. There are two opinions on whether the vents help reduce temps, while some feel it helps, others don't. We agree, if we didn't run our tanks, we would run Neal's CFM tanks. They have great welds as well! We do recommend other companies take a look at what they charge for their tanks though - if other companies feel they should charge over $250 for oversized oil tanks - they are crazy! We create great tanks at reasonable prices so that riders can afford them! If you don't buy one of ours, support CFM! There are 2 other tanks we like but they are almost $400... Who can afford that? :O Either way, look at the welds and be sure you buy from a company that will stand behind what they sell you!
Good luck and remember - check out public forums like yfzcentral.com before you buy ANYTHING! :yfz

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well, regarding the venting and wether or not it helps, sicence is clear on that. A luiquid under pressure will heat up faster. Think of a pressure cooker. The again, the pressure may aid in circulation!?! Be nice to do a test with the same tank. FIrst unvented. THen add the vents to the same exact tank and them measure the temp of th oil and the temp of a fixed spot on the cylinder wall.

·
Registered
120 Posts
seatec - we plan on making tanks without the vents as well. It would make our welders super happy and the price down in the $100 range.. When we get them made - we will do the temp test with the same bike - vented and un vented and post the results.. I think CFM will add the venting tubes, but I am sure with the amount of welding that is involved, that $129 is going to go up really fast! I know that it is the labor cost that makes our cost what they do but hey.. At least they aren't $375-475 :O like other companies...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a UM oil tank. It looks pretty nice to me, no vents though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts