YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a ‘06 YFZ450.
I’ve never messed with one but have been doing some searching.
I read that the’04-06 had the crankcase problem etc.. and the inner clutch cover can be machined to fit the “oil squiter” and a high pressure oil pump...
I was also told ‘07 inner clutch cover will fit my ‘06. Will any other newer models fit also? I found a ‘12 for a reasonable price.
If not i may end up going with J&T Products. I’m going to be tearing it apart soon to replace seals (has a few oil leaks) so i’m not sure if this one has been updated yet or not... just planing ahead

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I am doing this to mine right now, had to do the watet pump so figured I would while in there. Some of the cases do not have a spot that can be machined and go figure mine was one. I found one from an 06 I believe (mine is an 04) on Ebay that had the spot you can machine and then ordered the squirter off of an 07 and new oil pump and everything that goes with it. The 06 case had the spot to be machined but still needed machined so my buddy took it yesterday to machine for me. I order all my parts OEM from rocky mountain atv and have found best prices there but the case was like 225-250 new, the one I got off ebay was $75 so if yours does not have the spot I recommend searching like that. The picture I attached where it's circled shows one that has a spot that can be machined. The other picture is the one that came off mine that does not have that. I believe you can put an 07 case on it instead of doing that but it's gonna cost quite a bit more. Hopefully your case will have the spot you can machine at least!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I am doing this to mine right now, had to do the watet pump so figured I would while in there. Some of the cases do not have a spot that can be machined and go figure mine was one. I found one from an 06 I believe (mine is an 04) on Ebay that had the spot you can machine and then ordered the squirter off of an 07 and new oil pump and everything that goes with it. The 06 case had the spot to be machined but still needed machined so my buddy took it yesterday to machine for me. I order all my parts OEM from rocky mountain atv and have found best prices there but the case was like 225-250 new, the one I got off ebay was $75 so if yours does not have the spot I recommend searching like that. The picture I attached where it's circled shows one that has a spot that can be machined. The other picture is the one that came off mine that does not have that. I believe you can put an 07 case on it instead of doing that but it's gonna cost quite a bit more. Hopefully your case will have the spot you can machine at least! View attachment 93423 View attachment 93424
Yup, that’s what i was searching.
I found ‘12 case cover for a decent price but not sure if it would work :\
If not, i’ll have mine machined and buy the squirter and oil pump.
I still need to tear it down and find out :\

1 - 7 of 7 Posts