YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i noticed today i had oil all over my fan and the oil tank on the bottom, cleaned it up real good cranked it up and the oil is spitting out right above the header, there is a hole there and the dealer told me it is a plug

part number 90338-18064-00

i looked the part up online and i came up with

2003 plug for decomp hole in head 90338-18064-00

anyone know why this will come out?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know exacly why this is happening.

Did you put a different oil in scince youv'e had it?

If so you have over filled it or it was to full Mine did the same thing

Its covered on warranty just take it in.

I don't know why the h3ll they put that in there it cost like 50 cents a hardware store.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The bad thing was whe it happened it was the weekend and i live 1mile from motox track and go all the way to the track and was unlocking the gate to get in and it was gushing out the decomp hole in the head. So that weekend sucked a$$ didn't even get to try out the new and refinished track. :bawl

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well they said i can take it in but they dont even have the part in stock, it will take them a few days but if i can buy it somewhere else it will be much easier, and yeah i think it has a bit to much oil

·
Registered
20 Posts
why waste ur time with takin it to the dealer its only 3 $ and u just tap it in with a soft hammer, happened to me a few weeks, back using the same oil and correct level, i think its just from getting so hot, btw anyone had trouble with their coolant system, i seem to be leaking some out of the bottom of my water pump cover i belive its there to tell u if ur seal is bad, any one got any info ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts