YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere like edmonton, red deer, calgary that i can send my housing for the oil mod? wanna keep it semi-local

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I believe riverside in St Albert does it. Or knows where to get it done.

Where you located? I'm in Drayton Valley. About an hour south-west of Edmonton.

·
Super Moderator
4,532 Posts
moved this to the Canadian section, should help you get some more feedback.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mot's machine in st.albert

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Any machine shop could do the machining. There is a sticky on it somewhere on what needs milled out.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Cmepasu, you go to Brule much?

·
Registered
282 Posts
All the time man. Use to always go may and sept long for the past few years. Dislocated my shoulder last may long there. Actually just had surgery to repair it to lol.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Hahahah nice. I only made it there last year once in June. But this year I'm hopin to kick some ass on drag hill with my new build. Me and a couple buddies with banshees are goin up this may long. Pretty stoked.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah I don't get beat my much out there. You should do good with your setup. I'm hoping to make a trip there towards the end of summer. Maybe may long if my shoulder is healed in time. See what happens.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
When I was running my HMF/jets/K&N set up with a stock motor I beat every quad except a Raptor with NOS lol so I'm hopin this set up will work for me. I haven't seen many YFZ's out there so I'm kinda interested to race one of those.

·
Registered
282 Posts
theres only one yfz out there that can pass me that ive seen, but hes got a built up 501 and a +6 swinger with 22" skat traks. he gets me by about 2 lengths but i usually beat everyone else by 2 0r 3 lengths. be nice if we had a longer hill to race on tho.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Yea. You just get wound up and you have to turn around lol

Was that a yellow one? I saw a yellow one there that was all stretched out but he didn't race when we were at drag hill. I saw him climb the hills by where the blue rock is by the old train track. Some good climbs in there

·
Registered
282 Posts
the yellow one i can pass. he takes me off the line but i catch him at the hill and just sneak pass him. but his son has the stretched out 501, it goes good. if i had the +6 and the skat traks im sure id be real close to beating him tho. but i want my yfz to be ridable everywhere not just in a straight line.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Yea. Very true. Especially when we only have like 1 half decent size sand place, and a couple small other places, and drag unit like that isn't practical.

Do you go anywhere for mx? My buddy has raced his R a couple years but all the tracks are like 2+ hours away.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i dont really mx ride, i usually just do dunes and trails. I know there is a track out by st francis, and suppose to be one somewhere by swan hills too.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Yea they do provincial races there. My buddy who used to be sponsored by Alberta Cycle (probly seen his posters of you've been in there) was gunna build a provincial grade track here but the county keeps shutting the plans down from noise regulations :strokin:

Sorry for the thread jack bud :lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts