YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Last weekend I did the Oil mod because I had splited the cases to rebuild my engine. I just did a hole with a 1.00 mm drill bit in the inner part of the crankcase, and for the oil filter case I did a 6 mm. hole. Then, I used a used crankcase gasket with a hole fixed with Yamabond #4 for seal the area between de crankcase and the oil filter case.

But I think that I have a problem because my crankcase cover where the oil filter case is different from the crankcase of other members who have done the oil mod... Example.

Mine doesn´t have the rubber seal, I don't understand why.... And I don't know how the oil is going to flow behind the oil filter element without this unknow for me rubber seal.

does anybody know this problem??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 23 2009, 01:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749720
Which rubber seal? The one that's on the end of the oil filter itself? I'm a little confused on what you're asking.[/b]
This one:

Do you notice the difference between mine and this one??

Thanks and sorry for my english :icon_frown:

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Oh, OK. What you're seeing there isn't a rubber seal. It's just motor oil that has collected in the grooves. If that oil had been cleaned out, that pic would look exactly like yours. There is no seal that goes in there, yours looks just like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 23 2009, 01:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749722
Oh, OK. What you're seeing there isn't a rubber seal. It's just motor oil that has collected in the grooves. If that oil had been cleaned out, that pic would look exactly like yours. There is no seal that goes in there, yours looks just like it's supposed to.[/b]
OK, OK, It's true... I'm a completely stupid :icon_frown:

Last saturday I thought that all was OK. But today, when I reviewed the "oil mod post" the picture of the "rubber seal" frightened me, then I saw my picture with a wrong perspective. That was the reason of my confusion.

Thank's gtillye45

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
:mhihi: Don't worry about it man, I'm the same way. I tend to worry about things like that because I want to be SURE things are how they are supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
you english is great pablo, much better than i can speak spanish, and much better than most spanish speaking people in america. :clap:

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Pablo your not stupid, and you did a great job on this mod. It is not for every one and I think you did an exccellent job of it! Congrats :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts