YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, I've posted a thread talking about oil leakage behind my front sprocket. Well the washer was completely blow out and I emptied the oil very fast.
I have found how it blew out and you should read that (cause I'm not the only one and the last one to whom it will happen) :
On both sides of the front sprocket there is a plastic flange. Those are there to stop the noise the chain does when it goes on the sprocket. The one on the inside is really close to the crank case and, a very small stone came between. With the speed, the plastic flange melted and get inside the transmission and blew out the washer.
That's it you know : for those who haven't changed their front sprocket, perhaps you should take off that flange to avoid the risk. It's not that the washer costs a lot or that it's really hard to change, but the oil get out very fast, and if you don't see it immediatly, you will run out of oil ! you know what happens next...

Hope this will contribute (I've learnt every thing I know here and I feel indebted to all of you....)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Thanks for the INFO!!!! :rock

·
Registered
983 Posts
?!?!? i was sure that was a oil temp light. youcan see the probe go into the bottom of the engine case but i could be wrong. my bad if i am.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I were you I would take it off, it does not take a long time and no risk of runing dry of oil... It happened to two other quads of my dealer....

·
Registered
503 Posts
it happened to mine a few weeks ago. luckily we were headed back to make a pit stop and i actually shut my bike off and walked away for a few minutes. when i came back i had a puddle underneat and slung all over my swingarm to make me see it, but i would definitly watch out for this one. once it's open, it surely comes out in a hurry.

·
Registered
194 Posts
seatec, that probe on the lower engine case below the sprocket is the neutral switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts