YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently, I have had oil leaking out around the case. I'm not sure what is causing the leak and could use some advice on what to look for before I open it up. It only leaks when the engine is running and leaks pretty fast when given gas. Pictures attached are after only 5 minutes of riding. I was thinking maybe a gasket went bad, and pressure from the combustion chamber was pushing it out, but i figured it would come out of a breather tube, not around the case? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
i would start by cleaning off the cases with some break cleaner, taking it for a short ride and see where the oil is coming from. If it is coming from between the side case and cases, there is just a gasket there and is easy to change.

have you had the side case off recently or done anything to the motor? did the leak just start?

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
the side cover gasket you just buy, there cheap. its the center case halfs you do the yamabond on. that seems like a lot of oil coming out

·
Registered
41 Posts
gaskets don't just go bad,,,,,, did you check the crankcase breather to see if its plugged or restricted??? and I see you have a bigbore so you might have an excess blowby pressurizing the cases when running,,, causing the leak,,,did you check the torque on the cover bolts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the side cover gasket you just buy, there cheap. its the center case halfs you do the yamabond on. that seems like a lot of oil coming out
I can't seem to find the proper gasket, all of the side case gaskets I'm seeing are for the clutch cover on the right side, not the left cover.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I can't seem to find the proper gasket, all of the side case gaskets I'm seeing are for the clutch cover on the right side, not the left cover.
I use partzilla. They show the diagram of the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts