YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm i think i might have an oil leak somewhere around my chain... i am not 100% sure if there is one and if there is where, i have been riding the bike with it there and the leak seems minimal if there is one, i just notice black oil/greasy substance all over my rear fender and my engine right now. i have warmed the bike and rode it and cant find any leakage anywhere, wherever it is it is dropping on the chain or coming from the chain area.

anyone else had a problem like this, its not that i overlube my chain or anything and i use a clear spray on chain lube and this is black grease stuff.... i took to dealer and they told me it was grease but i cant find out from what if it is grease, i havent greased anything around that area since i have had it and it just recently started showing up...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had the same problem 5 hours of riding it will get worse. its the seal around the front sprocket thing. it took a month for the dumbasses at my shop to fix it. but im pretty sure thats what it is thats exactly how mine started

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that is what i was assuming it was but was just curious if anyone else had the same issue, the guy at my shop is decent about fixing stuff esp since i spent like 15k with him in the past 2 years...

thx

anyone else that has had this problem post also :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
A friend of mine had his countershaft seal go out.

10 minutes, and warranty will take care of it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
friend of mine said his seal on either one of the sprockets went and oil poured out... never saw it and i never asked him about it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts