YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have three xc Yfz450r identical builds, and change oil after every race. Was in process of changing oil and have jls see thru covers on all bikes, and noticed after putting 1.8 quarts in that it would not stay in the left side of the case and register on dip stick. After that I added more oil to 2.5 quarts (which I know is way to much) and still won’t register. When I start it appears to have oil flow just not filling that case side. Also I’m getting the case pressurized as I checked breather box hose. Just need some options, could it be the oil pump? Or clogged port somewhere?

·
Registered
78 Posts
This makes no sense. Your saying as you add oil the level doesn't go up. On the 450r the oil is added on the same side as ur jls sight glass so Where's the oil going unless your quad is tipped or the drain plug isn't back in the that oil resivor will fill up. I added a little over 2 qt one time and had to drain some out it was almost to the top of the dip stick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This makes no sense. Your saying as you add oil the level doesn't go up. On the 450r the oil is added on the same side as ur jls sight glass so Where's the oil going unless your quad is tipped or the drain plug isn't back in the that oil resivor will fill up. I added a little over 2 qt one time and had to drain some out it was almost to the top of the dip stick.
I know it doesn’t make sense, I tipped on side and pulled clutch off to look at gears, and everything looks good. And there is way to much oil in it. Next step was to pull the clutch side cover off. But there is absolutely no leaks or anything. Has me and two my two sponsors stumped. Was posting on here to get some options before ripping the motor apart.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Only thing that may come to mind is if the oil pump is supposed to keep the oil level on that side of the motor until it kicks over and the oil you pour in seeps past the pump. But I've never see how the pump works on a 450r

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only thing that may come to mind is if the oil pump is supposed to keep the oil level on that side of the motor until it kicks over and the oil you pour in seeps past the pump. But I've never see how the pump works on a 450r
Great point!! Can anyone confirm this? I’ll dig into the pump tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts